Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi marlou...Ive never done the train...but have coached it...can book through the reps...which I did when not as knowlegable about stuff...but its more expensive than booking it yourself via the bus company...which I soon cottoned on to.

Its Plana buses....the main office is on the beach opposite mcdonalds in salou...thats where I booked the Barcelona excursions from..a lot cheaper than through the reps.

There were options to suit what ever you wanted to do...footie stadium...musicle fountains...auarium...the ramblers...tour around the buildings ect....and think the zoo was one of them...each choice does more than one thing.......I did all the options at some point or other ...as we went every year...and we went for over 10yrs....except the zoo ...as can do that at home.....we did do the one included the aquirium....but was option to shop instead at the time...and we shopped...tickets to things were included...

Littleun would love the musicle fountains...but they are a night excursion...go in afternoon and come back late ...the fountains all dance to music and changing coloured lights...its up high in Barcelona by the museum ....and lovely view of Barcelona lit up..

There are guides on all the buses...and they give loads of interesting info on the way ...about spain catelonia barcelona goudie ect...we had a great autrian one...a lady

Might be a safer more convienient option for seeing barcelona ...because of having baby in tow ...and there could be a plana booking office in cambrils itself... we used to get on coach in salou...but the coach came along the road from cambrils direction...so you will probably be able to get on a coach near where you are staying...tweetie

edited to include this.... http://www.busplana.com/en/

could be handy for you and others
Thanks for the info Tweetie. I think we are going to do a DIY trip to Barcelona via train. It will be better with the baby that we can do what we like, not be fixed to a routine.
hi marlou...is easy enough by train...but be wary of pick pockets ....watch for gypsy types hanging round the station...and dont feel sorry for the beggars....there is someone taking notice of where you put your wallet purse ect back after you give them some coins....The ramblers is notorious for pick pockets too....they spot a tourist from a mile away...so be careful while your distracted looking after baby....or be weary of anyone making a fuss of the baby...some one else willl be using the distraction to dip you....tweetie
We got the bus from Cambrils to Salou and caught the train from there. The train station at Cambrils may be new since we were there.

The Bus Turistica, hop on hop off bus, was stopped outside the train station when we came out so jumped on that and it's a great way to see all the sights. I think it is $23pp now.

Barcelona Zoo is not far from Port Olympic if you would prefer to got direct there rather than the open top bus.

Some information here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56644
Forgot to say, I think it took 1h 30m from Salou on the train.

Tarragona is a really nice place for a wander round too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.