Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Camel Rides
5 Posts
Don't worry, they are strong animals.
This brings a smile to my face.... when in Luxor we met a couple on their honeymoon, and on my birthday my hubbie organised a trip for the afternoon on the Nile and invited this couple and some other friends we had met. We stopped on the banks to have a camel ride, and our friend sat on four different camels before one decided to actually get up - it was hillarous... they are the strangest animals, but strong!!!!!!!
Don't worry, these bad tempered beasts :lol: are amazingly strong and just seem to lift any weight (when they can be bothered) without any problems.

Seriously camels are incredibly strong animals and will just lift you no problem, in Egypt they are still used for carrying heavy loads of sugar cane etc so no matter what weight you are it will not be a problem and they will lift you with ease.

You will have a good time if you decide to go on a camel ride out in to the dessert, but watch out if it decides to kiss you :love
Hi,

My Husband was 18st when we went to Egypt, but after a week on a Nile Cruise was probably 18 and half stone!
His camel coped no problem, and was very sweet-tempered with it - even turning his head to have a stroke and a scratch.
Just be a bit careful when your camel gets up - I nearly went headfirst over the saddle.

Have a great time,
Linda :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.