Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I've added this campsite to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks :wave
I have stayed at Blanes a couple of times. I have not used this site though, we have stayed at La Masia which is not far away.

The campsite is right at the end of the town where the main road ends at the beach.

To get into the local centre of town you have a 15 to 20 minute walk. To get to the main centre of town at the port you have a 45 minute walk along the pleasant promanade.

There are plenty of places to eat although we found the better restaurants are towards the port on the seafront. Try the Bahia which is about 100yds past the big rock (you can't miss it) as you walk towards the port. The food is good and the Head waiter/owner (Abundio) is very entertaining especially if you have young children.

The beach is gritty rather than sand and the sea shelves very quickly to about 6 feet deep a couple of strides out from the surfline.

We enjoyed Blanes because it has not been taken over by the Brit 'Fish, Chips and Carling' brigade. There is a good mix of nationalities in the town and on the campsites. There is a small fun fair a short walk (5 mins) from your site and plenty of shops.

The railway station is at your end of the town and trains run regularly to Barcelona, worth a day out. The site will probably also run coach excursions there and you can see all the sights including the Camp Neu if you are a soccer fan. I would not consider driving round Barcelona!!

Girona is a pretty town and you can walk round the walls and explore the narrow streets.

There are regular ferries that run up and down the coast that pick up along the beach so you can get to Tossa and Lloret and many other smaller resorts if you wish. If you are driving then you can also get to them by car. In May it should be easier to park in these resorts. We went in high season and after driving there had to return back to Blanes as there was just nowhere to park! The ferry was much easier! The beaches in these places are more sandy and the sea shallower as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.
You can check out the resort reports for the Costa Brava HERE

Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.