Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
I suggest you travel from Hull the overnight crossing leaves you fresh for the travelling in france the roads are much,quieter than ours, we tend to go from Hull and come back on the tunnel that way the holiday seems to start a day earlier the food is excellent on the ferry and if you book dinner and breakfast in advance you get a discount, I was afraid to drive over there but I did and it was no problem at all, we intend to retire to France the sooner the better !!!
Hi, got back from France yesterday, after 2 weeks camping on various sites.
We found that the campsite in Berney Riviara (La Crois du Vieux Point) the best over all.
A fantastic large campsite, with very good pools, bar, restaurant, games room, shop, boating lake......
All in driving distance of Paris, Disneyland and Parc Astrix (which is a must!!!).
The site was perfect for kids (we took a 14, 9 and 5 year old)

Have a look at it on the Keycamp website for an idea, though you can book direct.
:)
Hi

We are setting off today from Sunderland to Berny Riviere, having a slow drive down to the channel tunnel and staying in a travel lodge tonight then taking the eurotunnel tomorrow morning. Will let you know what it is like.
Thanks everybody for replies.
Look forward to hearing from you when you get back beachcomber.
If you get the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, there's a campsite at Houlgate (Camping de La Vallee) which is only a half hour drive from the port. The area is full of things to see and do, particularly WWII historical places but also the Bayeux tapestry and the artist town of Honfleur. The beaches are also great in the area. You'll find the site itself on the Eurocamp or Keycamp websites and it also has its own website.

P.S. I agree with the earlier comment that driving in France is much more pleasant than driving here. We live in Scotland and get the ferry from Rosyth in Fife to Zeebrugge and drive on the continent rather than battle down the M6.
We live in York and our crossing of choice is Hull-Zeebrugge. Far easier driving on the continent than here.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.