Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
OK
Can recommend Blanes Pronounced Bla - nes

there are some decent sites next to the Sea and a little further back too IF you were going a little later some even take Camping Cheques
IF I remember the beach side ones are El Pinar and Bella Terra we stayed at La Masia which is about three times the size of the others I have just named

Mappy .com will calc a route and what the tolls are we were class 2 (towing a caravan) so it will be a lot cheaper for you than us

But we used about 4 tanks of diesel (1.9ldci engine towing 1300kg van) and paid about £90 in tolls last year

Gas bottles obviously UK Calor gas etc is not available in Europe but Camping Gaz is and it's cheaper in Spain than France last year in Blanes the large size Camping Gaz was 10€

if you are interested then Camping Haliotis is a good site for visiting Mont St Michel in Brittany on the way down and we tend to always stop off at Camping Ma Prairie in Canet En Roussillon and do a day trip to Collioure

WE tend to take 22 days for this trip doing a Dover Calais ferry crossing and we now stick to the Western route through France
But remember Motorhomes can also find lots of sites than us caravanners can't use in France where you can stop in villages free of charge or for minimal money if there is electricity as there is no drainage or water top up points normally

can pull up more details if you need it just shout
Thats much appreciated.

We (couple) are not leaving till June 2010 so its all in the planning stage at this moment.... Al I know so far is that I have four weeks and we will be going through France to spain and spending 2 weeks on a campsite next to the sea in Southern/eastern Spain. I hadnt thought of the little village pitches before, I wasnt sure if they would be safe for UK van ?
Hi again was that 4 tanks of diesel and toll charges one way ?
pat62 wrote:
Hi again was that 4 tanks of diesel and toll charges one way ?

yes just one way
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.