Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You could try writing to the Chief Executive but any correspondenceaddressed to him will be screened and things like complaints will simply be
passed back to the appropriate department to reply on the CEO's behalf. At the
very best, a reply might be issued form the CEO's office by a senior assistant
there. I can understand your dissatisfaction but you are not alone. Many of us
have tried escalating complaints upwards and not only with Tui. Many will also
tell you that you are wasting your time with ABTA. My suggestion would be writing to the newspapersand Trading Standards. For example there is Simon Calder at the Independent, he
might not want to take up the cudgels on your behalf but I bet he knows a man
who can. The BBC Rip Off Britain team might be interested also. Bit
disheartening I know but just keep plugging away, as you say it is not a
question of compensation – that might be where you have gone wrong, they might have taken more notice if it was I have
spent many hours writing letters not only of complaint but to highlight
possible **accidents waiting to happen** Thos Cook were not interested when I brought to their attention a dangerous fault on atransfer bus and I was writing to them having expert knowledge. Meantime
welcome to HT –please keep us posted how you go on.
Thanks for your reply. I did actually e-mail TUI's Board of Directors on 18 December (I got an e-mail address from the internet that I never thought would work, and as I hadn't heard anything since 18/12, assumed it hadn't). Despite thinking that they would never even receive - let alone look at - my e-mail, I actually received a response today!!

It said that they are disappointed with my experience, are pleased that I have raised it with them and stated that one of the Board of Directors will re-open my complaint, investigate it again and come back to me!! To say I'm shocked is an understatement...

Whilst I'm not holding out too much hope, I'm pleased that the issue has finally been escalated to someone more senior and I finally have a contact name!

I'll keep you posted.

Paul
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.