Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Alas no. The Jupiter Hotel is a different hotel that has been going for sometime in the same area. The Jupiter Marina is a brand new one.

Thanks for your reply.
Try emailing the group to ask if they're on schedule and the expected opening date.

info.marina @ jupiterhoteis.com

http://jupitermarinahotel.com

Sanji
Just found their fb page....apparently very responsive to messages.

https://m.facebook.com/jupitermarinahotel/

Sanji
thanks will try that
Just had a reply from Hotel saying Hotel not going to open until 28th July. We are going on the 06th Aug so this is looking dodgy. Where would I stand on this does anyone know? I am waiting for a reply from Jet2 at the moment. Be difficult to get an equivalent hotel at this short notice so would want a full refund. Can't believe Jet2holidays and several other companies have been taking summer booking for this when there is no guaranteed opening date.
Sorry. Haven't been on recently- have you got any answers yet?
Hi Fiona,

Yes heard back yesterday. Basic gist is "The hotel has informed yourself that will be their opening time. For now proceed as normal,
if anything was to happen, or they informed ourselves of anything that could
affect your holiday, we would endeavour to let you know as soon as possible".

So basically in limbo really. I'm amazed they ever signed contracts with the hotel. They must have had to cancel people already who were booked for May/June. Suppose the lesson here is not to book brand new hotels, but you put trust in these holiday companies that everything is going to be ready. Just wish they would give me the penalty free option to cancel now.

Nigel
It does look a beautiful hotel. I suppose someone has to be the first to visit.
I have just tried booking for your dates with 3 other companies advertising it. None of them had availability. Of course it could mean that they are fully booked. I can see why you are worried.
Yeah there is something fishy going on. I can really see us literally having to wait to the last minute before getting the option to cancel/change.
"So basically in limbo really. I'm amazed they ever signed contracts with the hotel. They must have had to cancel people already who were booked for May/June".

Hi Nigel.
The hotel was advertised (on all the sites I have looked at) scheduled to be opening during the second half of the summer season, so, I don't think there would be any bookings taken for May/June.

Anyhoo, Here is a copy of a conversation that I've had today .

http://i67.tinypic.com/5yf2wl.png

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-06-28 14:45:22
    Typo errors
PS: It must be very unsettling having booked somewhere and now knowing that there is no guarantee the hotel will be open.
It may transpire that the hotel does open on the 29th July, but from a personal point of view after having had the above conversation with them, I wouldn't be able to continue with this booking on a contract based on "maybe it will or maybe it wont" be open.
I would be looking to cancel without any charges, but I suppose it depends how much you want to go there.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-06-28 14:16:21
Thank you so much for making the effort to get onto them. I did want to go there but it's just not worth the risk of waiting until the week before. I'm just hoping I can get all my money back.
Nigel
"I'm just hoping I can get all my money back."

I'm sorry that I couldn't obtain any more information from them, to put your mind at rest.

If you have any problems with the cancellation process, considering the circumstances, I'm sure other members .......who are more knowledgeable than me...... they will be along to help.

Good luck.

Sanji x
Thanks again . Watch this space.
As I thought they wouldn't let me cancel without penalty as they say there is a chance it will open. Can see myself getting an email a week before we go!
Well surprise, surprise I received a phone call and an Email last night, 8 days before we were due to go, that the hotel will not be opening. Not really surprised but I suppose I should be pleased that they have at least offered to change the booking to the sister hotel Jupiter Algarve in the same resort. Although I suspect they knew this would happen as they had rooms reserved at this hotel which is normally sold out this time of year. Not too happy though at the offer of just £30 in compensation per person, especially as I compared the price of both hotels next August and the original hotel we booked is £250 dearer.

Anyway thanks again for your replies above and at least we have got a holiday to look forward to. The moral of this tale is never ever book a hotel on artist's impressions!

Nigel
Nigel said:-

"Not too happy though at the offer of just £30 in compensation per person, especially as I compared the price of both hotels next August and the original hotel we booked is £250 dearer."

Is the price difference quoted from the tour operator? If so, I wouldn't accept £30. You're entitled to the full price difference.
Contacted them and they agreed to pay the difference as well as £30 x 2. So that's something I guess. Interesting that I contacted someone from Tripadvisor who had had exactly the same issues with the hotel not being ready. He said they were not offered any compensation at all ! Mentioned that they visited the site of the Marina hotel and it looked like it still wouldn't be ready this time next year!! Amazed so many companies are offering the hotel still.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.