Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
If you look on H M Customs website, it gives you a separate link regarding plant material about what is and isn's acceptable. There is a downloadable PDF.
my wife always picks some from the roots anywhere she finds them and puts them in the suitcase.....shes a trier (very much) :) , none off them have taken :) :)
ray - don't you worry about going through customs? I am too much of a worrier to do that :(
Miss Pink
don't you worry about going through customs?

nah ! its only plants, and not wacky backy so no problem, ( i think shes on the backy mind you :tongue :tongue )

please let me know if they grow.......I've got a good market for weed :cheers :cheers :cheers
I returned from Tenerife last week. They were selling plants and seeds at the airport so it must be ok. :)
Thanks all. Whilst they sell them at the airport, I believe it's ok to take them out of the country, but the UK is very strict. I have looked on the DEFRA site and couldn't find the page ;(
I have brought plants to Tenerife by both car and plane. Not been stopped.

Richard
This link maybe of some help.............

http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/food/personal-import/pdf/personal-plants.pdf

............then again, maybe not :)

Nothing like writing things in plain English, or maybe I'm just a bit thick!!! :rofl

Mark
  • Edited by Mark757 2009-09-17 17:29:22
Although the original post was dated almost 3months ago Mark 757's link is probably useful for anyone still wondering about allowances, simply it states you are allowed to bring back 5 plants with or without soil and cut flowers up to 50 stems..
Someone was arrested a couple of years ago with volcanic rock in their suitcase, nearly sure they where charged as well.
Rodz
No plant material inc seeds, should be brought back into the UK if it is picked from the wild,endangered or has any other restriction.
Plants grown/bought in a nursery,bought in a florist I think is OK, inc seed bought in packets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.