Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I would personally leave it up to the travel agent to sort out, send a lettter to the travel agent saying you no longer wish to be part of that booking and that you understand you will only lose the deposit, let the travel agent chase the lead passenger if they want anything else in writting its their job. you shouldnt have to be running around trying to save them work, also put in your letter that you wont be liable for additional costs

courtney jade
Something similar happened with my son a few years back. There were 3 of them going to Ibiza to stay in an apartment. My son found he couldnt get the time off so had to pull out. He was only 17 so was not the lead person on the booking. He lost his deposit but the others found their holiday went up as they got charged for under-occupancy as a result. My son paid this so that they were not out of pocket.
You will probably find your son's friends will have to pay a bit more.
I think it has to be the person who made the booking who sorts this out. Maybe if they're told it might hit them in the pocket you might see a bit more action.
Bridd
Exactly Bridd. The lead name is responsible for the balance of the holiday so it's in their best interest to hot foot it down to the shop, otherwise they will have to pay your son's balance as well.

I would imagine (knowing young lads) that the friend may not be aware of this fact and it might be worth informing him to save any ill feeling that may occur.

If they want to pass the holiday onto another friend (which would be cheap for the friend as the deposit is paid) then they will have to pay an amendment fee of approx £20.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.