Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I would plump for a few nights in palolem, approx 2 hours away , stunning beach, a bohemian vibe, quite a few eating places on the beach ........ paradise :)
2km further south of Palolem, is Patnem beach - more pleasant, tidier and less cluttered. If you do go there, try 'Cafe fiesta' shack for eats.
Wildernest click here- it's in the Ghats on the border with Karnataka.

If you're in Candolim they will come and collect you. :tup
If you choose Palolem, go to the "Cool Breeze restaurant" on the street as you walk away from the beach. Fab nosh..
Train to Palolem from Thivim is 72 Rps return,MAKE SURE YOU GET THE DIRECT TRAIN. Thivim is a 350RPS taxi ride from Calangute fixed price. Accomadation at Palolim ranges from a £5 TO £12, apart from the bees knees , theres one a £50 a nite :really
Were tryin' Cavellossim this time ;) BIG TIP, Get the Jewel in the Crown brochure from your local high st travel agent, lots of info on all beaches going all the way down south...... :wave:
Thanks everyone - thinking of "home" at patnem but further recommendations greatly appreciated!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.