Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
In my oppinion a hotel is just a base to go back to, to sleep. There is so much going on, so many things to see and most of all lots of great places to eat in Candolim and Calangute. I can't see the point of paying for top notch accomodation when you're not going to spend much time in it!
Have a look at this for something different - Presa di Goa -it's in the countryside but only 10 mins by taxi from Baga. :tup
Looks like a very nice hotel plus transport provided to Calangute.

"In my opinion a hotel is just a base to go back to, to sleep."

That used to be my opinion but ever since I got severe food poisoning I will NEVER stay in a cheap hotel, feeling like you are dying in a cheap non ac hotel in India is horrible. A nightmare.
Max13biker, that Hotel looks great. Will probably give it a go in November when we go back. Are there any small boutique hotels in the South, Benaulim area/Cavelossim area?
Goa is an amazing destination , however the accommodation can be VERY basic, to answer your original post I prefer Calangute to Candolim as I think Candolim is too 'european' , if you walk down the beach road you could almost be in Greece! (IMHO) , I know a lot of people prefer Candolim but I don't think it is Indian enough. Having said that I am booked to go there in December as I think it is a great base and we use a lot of the very good restaurants at night.

Calangute has a busy, frenetic vibe and I love the mayhem, best of all though for me is Baga/Arpora , I love them both, we go to Baga beach and enjoy the carnival atmosphere , in a nutshell I think if you choose a good hotel in any of these resorts it is fine because you are only minutes in a taxi from the others.

Lemon Tree Amarante in Candolim is said to be a good hotel :cheers
Thanks Max. Just found another one which looks really nice. Has anyone tried this one.
http://www.vivendagoa.com
Cheers
Theres a 4 star hotel openedup in nov just round the corner from Teama,s in candolim dont know the name but can find out for you if interested Friends of mine have been round and say its fantastic it leads on to the beach..
Just found its name "Number 32"...This is because the owner has 31 hotels beside this one. :yikes .someones got plenty cash. :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.