Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
We are going to Cape Town over Christmas we are going to spend 3 days in Cape Town and rather than drive the 10 hrs along the garden route I have booked flights with South African Airways to Port Elizabeth for 4 days and will explore from there.. I have booked a days safari with a company called Bay Tours where we visit the Addo Elephant Park in the morning and then a safari drive at the Scotia Safari in the afternoon and then late evening after dinner at Scotia they will bring us back to Port Elizabth.

We went to Cape Town last easter for a wedding and stayed at the Protea Hotel in Stellenbosch . Hotel was classed as 3* but it was really lovely we had like an apartment and i think we only paid about £ 30.00 per night . Beautiful views 5 mins by taxi into Stellenbosch . Lots of nice restaurants and bars . Protea is a chain of hotels in South Africa and are very good value . We are going to stay at the Protea Marine in Port Elizabeth. You can veiw all the hotels on website.

We then stayed at the Holiday Inn Waterfront in Cape Town again very good hotel had a shuttle bus to waterfront . This is now owned by Southern Sun chain of hotels . Again rates were very good . I have also booked this one again for our first 3nights in Cape Town. Car parking etc at hotel.

We also stayed in Hermanus again this was alovely town felt quiet safe to walk around at night again nice restaurants and bars and some lovely scenery.

I know this doesnt really answere your question but might give you a couple of ideas for hotels.
We go to C.T. every year as we have a house over there.
Don't fly to P.E.
Hire yourself a car and drive it.
You won't be dissapointed.
You must do the knysna harbour.
You must do the bungee jump ove Bloukrans river.
Face Adrenalin offers professional and safe adventure activities in the Garden Route of the Western Cape
1997 caused great excitement in the Bungy jumping fraternity worldwide with the opening of the Face Adrenalin Bloukrans Bungy Jump.
Bloukrans is officially recognised by Guinness World Records as being the World's Highest Commercial Bungy Jump at a whooping 216 m high! A proud record for South Africa and particularly, the Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route.

Outeniqua Choo-Choo (George to Knysna scenic steam train
You must do the Outeniqua railway, steam hauled from George . to Knysna over fantastic scenery, and sea-edge bridges.

Also stop off at Outshoorn ostrich farms, and ride ostrich !!

graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.