Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Cape Verde itself is certainly in the Worldwide exc. USA category. Had a similar problem myself re a cruise I am going on a Caribbean cruise in Feb, I have annual Worldwide cover from my bank however it excludes Cuba which is one of the ports of call.So tobe on the safe side I have taken out an additional policy to cover me.
Thanks,Its my friends who are going on that cruise and I think they will find it difficult or very costly to get Worldwide Insurance due to age and pre existing conditions.
I will mention it to them as I dont think they really know where Cape Verde Islands are. :rofl
Hi Jay
I got my extra cover from:
http://www.columbusdirect.com/products/discounted-travel-insurance.html?sourcecode=GOVL02&mkwid=syIK1GIQN&pcrid=4882007050&gclid=CMuu9e72pKUCFUEf4QodjSI1jg
You can exclude pre existing conditions.

Also if they have existing cover they may be able to upgrade with their existing company. If they want further advice they should also talk to their travel agent.
Their other friends booked the holiday and they live in Lancashire,we live in County Durham.
The other couple also have pre existing conditions and they only take out insurance just before the final balance is due.
I will let them know tomorrow but I have a feeling they will say I am wrong :que
I think they are insured with Direct line but I know their insurance for a 2 week holiday in Europe normally costs around £200 so I dont think they will be prepared to pay any more for insurance.
Cape Verde Islands are the last place on earth I would want to require medical help on holiday. :yikes
Nik.The cruise that includes Cuba was one we were interested in.Is it on the Thomson Dream?
Yes it is on the Thomson Dream, sorry for the late reply just returned from Egypt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.