Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

Not entirely sure what you mean but whenever we have stayed at the hotel we have had no problems using the electricity in the room, just plug in, switch on and away you go, went in August last year and going again August this year (taking my own hairdryer though, thought I would save some room in the case last year - big mistake as the hairdryer in the room is no good for my mop :lol: ).

Hope this helps.

Wilma
I imagine you mean inserting your room card/key into the slot when you enter the room in order for the lights etc to work rather than plugging things into the mains?
Sorry yes, should have phrased it better! :oops: do you have to use the room key for the electricity to work?

I have stayed in hotels where this is the case and am not keen as I do like to leave the aircon on low when out so it's nice and cool when we get back. So if we have to use the room key for the electric, we won't be able to do this.
Hi there,

I've had two keys for rooms like this, so always leave the one in for air con and othere for getting in....maybe the same here??

Sian
I usually take something like a boots advantage card or similar - not a credit card (!) and leave it in the slot when I'm out. So far maids have not removed - maybe I've been lucky! :)
Thanks for all the replies, but does the Capo Bay have rooms that work like this?

Meerkat - good idea that!!

Thanks all.... :D
The only confusion would be if you get back drunk from the strip abd realise you've got your Boots advantage card rather than your room card lol.
Hi Kezzabelle

No, the electricity in the room is not operated like this. They have ordinary room keys and the electricity operates independently. We always leave the air conditioning on when we are out, no problems. There is also a fridge running at all times.

Wilma
Blimey, since when has con (C0N, if you're wondering) been a bad word?

Mark
I usually take something like a boots advantage card or similar

I always thought they were magnetic switches. How does "plastic" work?

Mark
I always thought they were magnetic switches. How does "plastic" work?

Nope they're not operated via a magnetic strip like a credit card......all the plastic card does is make the connection between the switch and the electric........I've been using a loyalty card like this all over the Med & Europe for years without a problem.

Even when it does call for a mag strip card (V rare) an old fuel payment card works perfectly :wink:
I must be referring to something old fashioned.
The key fobs for the electric slots were brass, about 3" x 2" usualy with the hotels name on with a darker metal piece at the opposite end to the key, which went into the slot in the wall.
I know the old fashioned type you mean - they still have them at the Odessa in Protaras, so you have to wait till you come in to get the electricity to work with the (quite large) brass key fob thing. cardiff lad - luckily that hasn't yet happened to me, but laughed thinking about how likely it would be!!! :lol:
Hi :)

We have booked a family sea view room for The Capo Bay.
I would like to email the hotel to request a room in a good location before we go, so could someone reccomend a good room number/block for me please ?

Thanks in advance :)
We've just booked The Capo Bay for a weeks All Inclusive next April to join our friends wedding party.

The brochure doesn't give much info on the All Inclusive, so can anyone help me out and let me know what the food is like, how many restaurants there are to choose from, and tell me what exactly is included on the All Inclusive package.

Also, what is the entertainment like there ? There will be lots of kids in our party.
I've read all of the reviews and where everyone raves about the breakfasts there is no mention of any other food.
I don't know if there is more than 1 restaurant or if the food is buffet style or waiter service :?
Hi there
I just wondered if anyone could help me with the layout of the Capo bay hotel, I am getting married there in September and just wanted to know what the outside wedding area is like is it near the sunbathers etc?
thanks
Carolyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.