Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Sorry Greekofile the name doesn't mean anything to me & I came back the weekend before last. It's not a name I remember seeing out on the roads at all over the last few years, we go 3 times a year & there are many firms people mention on various forums that ring a bell from just being out there, but that's not one.

It's possible they are one of the "remainder" type hirer who use up spare capacity from some of the other companies. That's looks like the deal for the only one I can see on the web for that name.

Pete
I must admit I prefer the ease of transit through the more modern Chania airport. I always avoid renting vehicles at the airport itself. It's far, far cheaper to hop on a bus to the town and do the hiring there. Do it just by yourself and you can pop back to collect your family, friends and luggage. Tell them to wait in the bar! I'm off to Chania area this week....and I'm definitely ready for the break.
Yes, Heraklion Airport is a tad "quaint" or is it just typically Greek? But to be honest I've never had any problems with the guys we use at Heraklion who meet us dead on time, have our paperwork already written up (as we've used them a number of times before) & obviously charge less than the international chains, without the hassle of damage waivers etc.

I just get off the plane, pick up the car & drive all of 20 yards to stop at one of the souvlaki huts by the car park entrance for a snack & cold drink before hitting the National Road. Simples! ;)

Have a great time. :sun2
Hooly

could you share the details of the company you use please.
Hi martyn

You should have a pm about car hire.
Cheers
Pete
Thanks Hooly, booked with them instead.
Hope everything goes ok. I've always found them very good & their insurance is definitely all inclusive as I've taken cars back that have been dinked, when I've not been in them, & Kostas has simply said "that's what the cover is for".

Please let me know if you're happy with them. It's always difficult to recommend something but I genuinely don't bother with anyone else these days.
Have a great time.
Could you please let me have the name of this company as well, haven't been to Crete for 5 years and looking for car hire for a forttnight in August Thanks Liz
hooly

if you are not touting for business of a company you are involved with, then please post on this forum for other members benefits... PM's are for passing information not associated with holidays or which would breach our terms of posting

wizard
the company ia anna cars, can't fault them - nice car, very clean, and seriously all inclusive , no extra cost for covering tyres, windscreen, underneath of cars etc that you find with other companies - and they price matched the other companies for me

no extra cost for picking drop off/pick up at 1am either.
Ok wizard

I'm always a bit wary on forums as every one seems to be different. Good news martynh, glad it worked out.

Liz, as martyn has posted the company I use is Anna Cars. They're not generally the cheapest but always give me nice clean, pretty new cars & their service is top notch. I've been going to Crete for 10 years, now 3 times a year, always with a car hire & Kostas is the best I've used so I stick with him.

Pete
Hooly and Martyn
Thanks for your help I've now contacted them for prices in August Liz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.