Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
hersonissos
11 Posts
Malia would be better for you.
been going to both places the last 8 year and i like more Hersonissos. both have bars etc. besides you can stay in one and go in another one for the nights out. give a go to Stalis when there. have heard good stories for there to
Sokin

you forgot to mention Ag Nik !!!
:D
hey i might be living in Ag. Nik but for that kind of holidays you have to be in Malia or Hersonissos 8)
Thats why i didnt mention it. besides i consider Ag. Nik more of a family area and not a very wild place for holidays like that, even if the city has a night life :wink:
Maybe the young guy has a reason for mentioning other resorts than Malia for the reason he's not inclined towards the place he's probably aware of the place but want's something with a bit of life without a load of idiots all round him.
Rick.
its all a matter of interpretation of what one can consider idiot and what not, along with what one is looking for in his/her holidays. When you are 17-18 you are looking for place with good night life etc. if that happens to be in a resort with lots of others that you might not like its a thing that you should think before booking something. personally i would like to be near such a place so as i will have the possibility to pop in when i feel like but not be stay there as imagine trying to sleep at 2-3 in the morning (hey he/she might be tired that night) and people sreaming outside your window.
abs,

"Is it mainly older people"

Hey, whats all this "older people", I reckon you will find that most "older people" who travel to Crete or use these boards are very tolerant of those (young people) who us older types owe a great debt to, after all you young people did invent:

1. Sex

2. Drinking

3. Having a laugh

4. Having fun

5. A great dress sense, those jeans with a crotch to the knees and a waistband around the groin showing 2 thirds of the boxer shorts are really to die for coz it makes the wearer look so cool and I for one cannot imagine any girl not being convinced by them, even a bloke who fell out of the ugly tree could not fail if wearing them (make a mental note, I must purchase a pair of stupid jeans that make me look like an extra from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)

6. How not to wear a baseball cap

7. Tattoos

8. Knowing how to waste money hand over fist

9. Knowing how best to run the world (vote for some sickly and spiteful social climbing wannabe who has a policy of do as I say not as I do on the promise of wealth, education, health care for all and delivering nothing but heavier taxes, out of hand Political Correctness and a war we cannot easily get out of), still, you live and learn. (Sorry Moderator, I am on medication for random attacks on our leader and undergoing therapy in order that I better appreciate the "obvious" qualities of El Presidenti, I promise not to embark on any more attacks on this man, cannot say the same for the gangster Brown or the dimwitted Prescott though as my treatment for these 2 is yet to start .................. Yes I know, I will take one day at a time) :x

10.And a load of other stuff like listening to reason and sound advice

:wink:

Sorry, that is a bit harsh and in poor taste, but only in jest! Most youngsters I have met, particularly in Greece, are reasonably well behaved, I have to say abs that I have seen both young, not so young, getting old and old exist within many resorts and get along fine! Nothing sinister in your comment about crinklies is there? I have to ask though, what exactly did you have in mind that you wouldnt want older people to see? :wink:

Someone did mention that Malia would be better for you abs, this may or may not be so! Just be aware that "older people" have been going to and, will continue to go to Malia for many years. In short, you will find "older people" in every resort, this includes Faliraki, Laganas, Kavos, Hersonissos and Magaluf ............................... Magaluf, now there is a thought, concrete high rise, size 14 (nothing wrong with size 14, its the average) girls crammed into a size 10 dress with a Smirnoff Ice in one hand and a packet of Regal in the other, Burger joints, readily available drugs, ridiculous bar prices, pick pockets and pimps on every corner, pizza pavements (residual vomit), simple minded reps catering for brainless buffoons, the best of British shaven headed hardmen who become Staurday night Rocky Marcianos after 4 bottles of Stella and constantly get their ambitions mixed up with their abilities and at the same time cast a shame on our once great nation (Hurrah for the Political Rent Boy President Blair)! Naaaa, abs, I am sure you are above all that, you stick with Crete and I hope you have a great time in Hersonissos. Most importantly I hope Hersonissos likes you. :D
Wow, that was some random and totally unrelated rant, best get on with my work eh!
There's only one person who should be primeminister of this country and he'd make a darn better job of it than any of the parties and that's billy connolly what a genius.
Rick
please keep to the subject in the question

wizard
You can use the cheaper and faster company Taxi Hersonissos (taxihersonisos.com).
You can call them or text on whatsApp and also you can make your booking online by use website https://www.taxihersonisos.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.