Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
deliver to hotel .where you are there is a few carhire shops.big name companys as well.
I tend to use Moto Louis (sp?) when hireing cars in Ibiza as they appear good value.

You will find in your accommodation details of local companies who will hire and they usually deliver/pick up the vehicle from your location.

We did this when I stayed in Santa Eulalia last year. The company was based in Es Canar but they delivered the car to our accommodation and completed all the paperwork/insurance etc there.
We are going to Ibiza for the first time in June.
We are staying in Santa Eulalia at the Es Puerto apts.
We are not sure if we should hire a car for the week from the airport or just have one for a couple of days and get a taxi from the airport.
Also do you no what the parking will be like in the resort.
There is a massive free car park just behind Es Puerto, so you shouldn't have any trouble parking.
As Casperslides says, there is a large car park just by Es Pueto but just be careful in there - its a bit uneven to say the least and has a few potholes!! You could do some damage if you're not careful. There is parking on the road as well so if you're lucky you can get outside the main doors to Es Pueto. We're going again in October - can't wait.
In Spain (inc the islands), if you wear glasses, by law, you must carry a spare pair with you at all times when driving. This is a little known law that some hire companies do not make you aware of.
I'm sure there is a link here somewhere, but was hoping somebody can give me advice on car hire in Ibiza next week.

Ariving on Sunday morning. Staying at Anfora Playa for 1 week in Es Cana.

Cheapest company?
Best company?
Is it cheap to hire a car for a week with the cost of transfers in mind (Only me and my 8 year old son).

The only reason I ask is, if it's gonna cost me a small fortune in transfer fees to and from the airport, I might as well hire a car and use the car all week as well.

Cheers.
carjet is good.yes get a car .by the time you have paid transfers ect.it will be cheaper to hire a car.around £80.00 +..plus you can travel around the island.ie nip to playa den bossa oneday.to the waterpark.plus you can set off early to airport and be 1st in line to check in...no waiting for a bus.just check the time they are picking you up.and leave 20 mins before.

which ever company you use,pick keys up from office in airport/and do paper work..car in in a muti carpark outside...on the way back.you park the car on the right floor.and pop keys in a letter box.or if small office is open on desk.its easy to drive in ibiza.like i say you can travel to any beach you fancy.or any resort you fancy for the day...but don;t drink beer.save that till night time....
We have used http://www.DoYouSpain.com for our last 2 trips to Ibiza and will be using them again in October - sort it out on the net over here, they meet you at the airport and take you to their offices 2 mins away.

Have a good holiday!
William, ignore my last post - just checked their prices and they seem extortionate!! We always get a MPV so perhaps they are good value on bigger cars!! :oops:
We are hiring a car for the 1st time in Ibiza, are childrens booster seats mandatory over there as they are here. :?
We are going to Ibiza for the 6th time in August and usually hire a car and pick up from the airport. Looking at all the usual sites car hire seems to have gone really expensive in Ibiza this year?? or is it just me?? Looking at a corsa with aircon best price I can get for 8 days is around £150 with Flightline.

Anyone suggestions would be gratefully received!! Thanks in advance.

Off to Tenerife this Friday and a 5 door Focus estate is 120 euros for a week!
Hi can anyone tell me if there is a car hire place in Cala Llonga,and an idea of prices for 3 or 4 days.Thanks
We hired a car in Es Cana last week. The actual rental prices were about the same as last year (and it's off peak season) but the guy at Bravo was telling us that the insurance premiums for Excess waiver have increased dramatically from last year. The Excess waiver added 50% to the rental price. Maybe taking out an excess insurance from the UK (about £2.50 per day) would bring the costs down.

John.
There are a few car hire excess insurance companies in the UK. I have used the guys at Insurance4carhire.com in the past. Their polices are £3.99 a day
Used Europcar for 3 days hire in June 2008, and cost £60. However this was booked in UK, and seemed far cheaper than the 99 Euros (80 pounds maybe, for 1 day less) for 2 days guy in front of me in queue signed up for.

Never bothered with extra insurance as they wanted 13 euro a day.

Roads a little busy at times, but no real problems.
Hi folks,

I've been looking around for prices for car hire while we're in Ibiza in September and every site i've seen so far states that the lead driver must produce a valid credit card when picking the car up.....i dont possess a credit card :(

Does anyone know if this rule is set in stone or are there places that dont require a credit card?

Cheers in advance
you would be better off getting one really.none have used over the many years deal in cash.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.