Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Everything went well with the Autoreisen hire car,you leave it in a cordened area in the undercover car park solely for Autoreisen cars .you also pick up the keys from the office there. but do the paperwork in the airport arrivals hall.No need to purchase a yellow safety vest they are kept in the glove box
Hi Anstruther

Thanks for letting us know. :)

I think if we go back to Lanza we might give them a try, I personally didn't rate Anthon very highly in October, they seemed overstretched and we got a pretty grotty car. :roll: Luckily the weather was roasting so we barely used it!! 8)
AutoReisen hire conditions -
Our rates include:
- Local taxes (IGIC or VAT).
- Unlimited milleage.
- Free additional driver.
- Free airport service.
- Free Amendment and Cancellation.
- Comprehensive insurance included in all vehicle groups.
"¢ Collision damage waiver (CDW).
"¢ Total coverage in case of the theft of the vehicle (TP).
"¢ Personal Injury Assistance (PAI).
"¢ Damage or accident to third parties.

Once the customer has made a reservation over the Internet, we will send a confirmation or refusal of the petition at the e-mail address provided.

Vehicles may be collected from any of our airport or tourist destination offices.

Customers should return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as when collected.

Drivers must hold a driver's licence that is valid within Europe and have at least 3 year's experience behind the wheel.

The minimum age for hiring a car is 25.

Payment should be made by a mayor credit card, in our offices upon collection of the vehicle. Payment cannot be made over the Internet.

The personal details provided over the Internet will be treated as confidential and will not be made available to third parties.

The insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Damage caused by dangerous driving.
- Damage caused by filling the tank with the wrong fuel.
- Damage to rims and tires.
- Loss or damage to keys and remote control devices.

Children and baby car seats are available free of charge for reservations made over the Internet. Roof racks are available at 2€/day.

• Edited by Robbo11 2008-04-19 15:08:11
Does anyone know what time the Autoreisen office at the airport closes?

We've just had an e-mail telling us our flight times have changed and we won't be landing until 23:20 on a Sunday evening. Will someone wait for us at the office?
Hi Robert, I've just had to cancel with them because on their confirmation email i noticed their opening times 7.30 - 22.00.

I emailed them and said our flight was due to land 22.00 but they replied that they would be closed :(

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of another car hire co. that would be open at 23.00 hrs.

Thanks.
That's sh!t. You can book online to pick up at any time,even midnight!!!!

I checked if I could pick it upin the resort the following day and return it to the airport at the end as we planned. It's an extra 35 euros to do this so that's the taxi fares we would have saved gone. :(
They're still the cheapest though, by a long way!
Just wondered if anyone new if i'd need my photocard bit of my licence to hire a car, or whether the paper licence and passport where good enough (went on a stag party to prague and was robbed of my wallet) hence no photocard licence :lol:

And if possible some links to hiring a car at the airport

many thanks Andy
Hi can anyone advise on car hire for just 3/4 days - we are booked into the Papagayo Arena and are aware it is a bit out of the way but as we have resort transfers as a built in price of our holiday we would be silly not to use them so just intend to hire a car for part of our 7 days?
Would we be better to hire in advance or wait till we get to resort...? We have our 3 year old with us so i really want to be sure that we use a reputable comapny with safe child seats etc...
Any recommendations gratefully received :D
I would wait till you get to your hotel, msc1977, as you already have the transfers to there. I always advise my clients that 3 days is ample car hire time to see the complete island, if you are just talking about seeing the sites :D I can also imagine that with a three year old you may not even want that!!! All car hire companies have child seats so that isn't a worry to you. You may even think that taking a tour would be a better option. Have a lovely holiday :D
Hi.

I was just wondering does anybody know a good place to hire a car in Puerto del Carmen as this is my first time hiring a car? I tried Anthon as recommended by yourselves but unfortunately they only hire to people over 30. I am 25 with a full drivers licence.

I also want to make sure I have fully comprehensive insurance with CDW as I've heard you can get conned.

Im going away next week to Lanzarote so would appreciate any help I get.

Thanks,
Susanne. :)
I hired from Cicar and in the absence of the Ford Focus I had booked they upgraded me to a brand new Volvo C30. Very nice car and a really easy company to deal with.

Apparently as a newbie I can't post the URL link but Google finds it straight away.
Yes it said that. Good idea!

Back to work tomorrow. :cry:
Thanks windgather. I'll look into that. From the website it looks great!! :)
we hired a car from the people in our hotel. we had it for three days and that was more than enough - the island is only small and you will find it hard to use it for any more than that.
kristell - thanks for the info you have posted, do you mind me asking how much you paid in resort to hire a car for 3 days? thanks
not sure... we had a vauxhall zafira 204e for three days (we needed a 7 seater). However, we did see it cheaper in playa blanca down where the shops are - but we just thought we would be safer using the hotel one. Wasn't a particularly good car, could hardly pull away in first gear but we were on holiday so didn't bother complaining.
I agree with kristell re the need for a car if you are staying anywhere central as you can "do" the island in 3 days. However, staying on Faro Park as we did a car is really a necessity to avoid at least a 45 min walk to town or paying 5 Euro's per trip in a cab. Also there was a heck of a Taxi queue at the airport which a hire car would avoid.

(I want to go back :cry: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.