Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
don't worry, there is loads that just take cash when you get there, just don't book a car with AB car hire, just had one myself for 3 days only used it 2 days as i got to do every thing i wanted it cost me 75 euros full insurance and no deposit for cash
The majority of car companies will take a cash deposit in place of a credit card.

Russian clients tend to 'kick off' at this. But I ask them to understand that if they were going to hire their own personal car worth that amount of money to a complete stranger, would they not wish for some kind of security.

Example, a group A car, 3 days is 70 euros, including delivery, pick up and insurance, and non-credit card users would be required to pay 120 euros fully refundable security deposit.
little legs,

Thanks for that - have prebooked with ORCAR.

Regards, Chris
Thanks very much.
is there a particlar car hire place i should use or are they all pretty good?
hi all i hired two cars while i was away one off niza car (what a shed) the heap broke down from were we collected it and got stuck outside the royal pub in pdla we phoned niza and they didnt want to know and told us to walk back to there office wich was a fair hike when i had two kids under five with me i will never use this company again and i would strongly recomend you dont either the othe firm i used was 3000carhire just along from the colon 2 towards veronicas i hired a hairdressers car a megan convertible and apart from the embarrisment of driving it the service and car was top notch (never rent off niza car)
Have used Autoreisen for the last 3 or 4 visits and no probs with them at all. Pick up from airport is handy. 5 door Ibiza with air conditioning costs about £90 for week.
We were really pleased with http://www.recordrentacar.com , (and although we realise http://www.orcar.com are probably now even cheaper) we hired a renault clio with http://www.recordrentacar for two weeks ,and when we picked up at the airport we were told we had been upgraded to a Citroen Berlingo..which we had no problems with whatsoever in the full two weeks,would definitely recommend them and will use them again on our next holiday.
Hi,
Can anyone give me advice on the cheapest car rental in Tenerife, preferably without paying for the full tank in advance,
Many thanks
kaz
Hi the cheapest is not alway the best way. Most have hidden clauses. I hired a 9 seater on the net from Niza and accepted a Ford Tranist minibus. Paid what i thought a resonable 388 euros inc insurance for 7 days. When i went to pay and pick up i ended up with an Hyundi H1 people carrier and what a shed it was battered and looking very well used . Went to pick the tribe up and low and behold it would not start. Called Niza they sent a mechanic out who used a booster to get it staRted. Great it started 3 times for him. As he drove away i got in to pick the tribe up again it wouldnt star. The mechanics X2 came out booster again told them to not bother it turns out they werte cleaners. Iphoned Niza and after a wasted day got my money back with no apology.Ihave used them a few times before with no problem but as soon as you give them a problem they dont want to know.I will never use them again . Very poor service.In the end i booked from the hotel with auto 3000 cost me 470 euros for a V.W Transporter good condition and safe . Iwould not book via the internet again and i will always ask to see the car before i sign anything .Cheers Dave
Hi again You do not pay for the full tank of petrol you leave 50 euros and return it with a full tank only paying for what you use then get your50 back it is a fairer system. The other way you pick a car up eith say a near empty tank and if you put to much fuel in you take back more than you need to. I ran all around the island in the V.W and it only cost me 35 euros. Cheers Dave
kazzer
The Citroen Berlingo we got with http://www.recordrentacar.com was in great/new condition and came with half a tank of petrol..to be returned with the same.
For those booking with Orcar for the first time.

When you get to Tenerife arrivals do not look for a ORCAR car hire desk kiosk etc (as I did) as you won't find one but go straight to the AutoReisen desk - to the right prior to exiting arrivals, they are one of the same.

We pre-booked on the internet a H1 9 seater with baby seat and child seat, you pick up these from a kiosk in the carpark rather them being already in the car.

We were impressed by the companies level of service and had no problems at all with the car. It was great for moving 6 adults, 2 kids and all the luggage !

Regarding petrol it was on a full - full basis. Would definately use them again.

Chris
Try Doyouspain.com for car hire,good service,they use recordrentacar but there prices are much cheaper
Just returned from a holiday and hired a 'car' for three days. There were four adults and our daughter who is in a babyseat. We booked it from the resort as there were loads of hire places. Main issue was finding a car big enough. None of the hire places did a Mondeo sized vehicle - largest was a Seat Cordoba which is smaller than a Golf.

In the end we opted for a Picasso but ended up with a Citroen Jumpy minibus which is big enough for 9 and paid €150 (reduced from 180). Brand new so no damage issues. Considering the roads we went on having a 2.0 diesel under the bonnet was far more suitable than a gutless 1.4 petrol. With diesel at 42p a litre it was almost enjoyable going to the fuel station!
I'm trying to find which company which hires out from the airport currently has the best fleet at the moment...

The reason i ask is that two years ago hired from Record rent a car and got a virtually new car but last year at the same time all there cars were old knocked around bangers nearing their end of hire life..

So which company at the moment has the newest low mileage cars in the car hire cycle...

Thanks
Hi everyone
Looking into car hire at the moment for our holiday to Tenerife South airport in March. Has anyone hired a car recently from Orcar? Just wondered how old and reliable their economy cars are? Does anyone have any other recent recommendations/advice to share?
Thanks for your help.
We always use Orcar never had any problems.
We hired a car from Sanasty in Los Cristianos. One of back lights was broken, the suspension was wrecked and it had the handling capacity of a supermarket trolly. Couldn't go any distance in it; too risky. Could not recommend them, and certainly won't use them again.
Off to Tenerife (first time) next Tuesday for a 4-night break and looking to hire a car from the airport for 5 days. I seem to have accumulated a large amount of Euros, mainly coins, and am looking for a company where we can pre-book but pay cash on collection of the car. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cazz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.