Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cat phobia!!!
29 Posts
Kiki the name of my Cypriot son-in-law.. :lol:

Not trying to frighten anyone away from this beautiful island but many have no idea what is on the island, I bet the holiday reps never mention these as they should, the amount of people I see walking across open scrub land here it is obvious they do not realise snakes do exist in Cyprus..

Not to worry never seen any on the beach ever!! the odd locust and that's about it! 8)
http://capital.lk.net/~leonkoll/pics/locust_canary1.jpg

And Jay many bring there dogs out here and cope well, I chose not to that's all, I certainly missed our two Boarders to this day!! but because of the problems I have mentioned a desision I did not regret, again you will NOT see snakes on the beach...so don't worry!!!
hi, on the subject of cat phobia, just typing the word sends shivers down my spine, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, good luck to all you people who adore our feline freinds, but if you want to see a grown man freeze, send a cat my way, omg im petrified, ive done bugee jumps, parachute jump white water rafting, all of which are chickenfeed compared to myself coming into contact with a moggie, ive knocked tables over in many a greek restaraunt on the islands, not to mention cyprus also lol, funnily enough daughter number 2 is the same, put me and her together and a moggie under the tablecloth, result one upturned table, good luck, just keep eyes peeled and radar turned on lol cheers miaowwwwwwwww
WOW Jim they are stunners
Thanks for sharing the pics with us,
I know what you mean about the dogs I often thought about spending the summer out there with my parents and bringing my 3 but like that I know they would never withstand the heat
They are such big boys and not used to it
So I just make do with the 2 weeks here and there, I hate leaving them for any long times, I miss them terribly when we are away from them
Hi guys

Well i was looking forward to going to Cyprus in September then i found this post! lol. Im terrified of snakes and ive asked for a ground floor apartment that opens onto the beach, might be asking for a top floor one! Well now i know to stay out of any bushes. Just one question what are the chances of seeing these snakes in hotels, streets, and restaurants? Just for peace of mind!!!
A good friend of mine was stationed in TRNC near Kyrenia and says that there was a little island off the mainland that the locals called "Snake Island".

A few of them swam to the mainland, but it's a long way to Paphos.
:wink: :wink:
Hotels bannerandhoose...no chance snakes avoid humans, a good idea because Cypriots kill almost anything that moves..they are all gods creatures they are there for a reason.
I've been going to Cyprus for several years and I've never seen a snake around a hotel in a tourist area.
Away from the tourist areas it's a different matter but even then a snake won't bother you unless you bother it.
I worked in the middle east for years and it was the same there - as soon as humans move in the snakes move out.

Snakes are quite timid and keep away from humans if they can - they can't eat you and they only bite as a defensive reaction!

Dave
Well don't have cat phobia, maybe a bit of a snake one.........but after Jim's reasurrance about the later........shall sunbath in peace.
My hopes of living in Cyprus have been dashed for another week....numbers didn't come up on Saturday evening!!!!! still I live in hope
Jay

Jimbox........I understand about the dogs... it say's alot, and I can see your reason...........my little fella was so distressed in the kennels that my Mum in law stays everytime hubby and I go away..........him being in a kennel would spoil are hols
Jay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.