Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone is going to be able to guarantee this for you. Although I have never seen a cockroach in my apartment/hotel room (and I've been going to Mallorca several times a year for the last ten years), cockroaches are a problem in the Med. area and no matter how clean a building is, cockroaches are notoriously difficult to eradicate completely. I think the question would be how quickly the hotel/apartment management responds to being informed of a sighting of a cockroach.

I would just check apartment reviews to see what standard of cleanliness is being reported and I think you would be very unlucky to see one in a clean apartment.

All the best
As above, been going to Mallorca 2 or 3 times per year for 10 years and never seen a roach.
thanks for your replies. We usually stay in hotels but might risk apartments in September. Any one able to recommend any nice ones for two people? Many thanks
I can recommend a basic, clean very well managed apartment block in Puerto Pollensa if you are interested. We've been using it since 2003.
Hi, Thank you I would be very grateful if you could? Have heard Puerto Pollensa is very nice
We've stayed in various apartments in Cala Bona/Cala Millor including Jimmy's, Sema, Sol Y Mar and a couple of hotels there and have NEVER seen a cockroach! In contrast have stayed in a hotel in Ca'n Pastilla and had them running to hide behind a mirror when the bathroom light switched on...that was about 30 years ago mind, but hotel still has it's little 'visitors' albeit not in the numbers we had when we were there.
thanks for that I might get some prices for one of the ones you recommended .If I had seen them running like you did I would have been traumatised :rofl .We stayed in some apartments in Gran Canaria and one ran out from under my bra haha serves me right for leaving it on the floor I suppose
I have sent you a PM with details of the Puerto Pollensa apartments.
I still am traumatised :yikes Whenever and wherever we go away, we leave the bathroom light on ALL night.

I'll find the link to Jimmy's & Sema apts for you and post them later.
Have just returned today from The Cristina Apartments & Villas in Cal Millor - not a cockropach in sight. Spotless & spacious apartments set in a quiet residantial area ie no booming music or mopeds flying past. Less than gentle 10 minute stroll and you are either on the fantastic beach or in th emiddle of the bars & restaurants. Loved it so much we're going back for a week on 16th Aug. Less than 3 weeks to go ;) You can book direct - contact email on their website. :gluck
As above, I have been to Mallorca many times and have never seen a cockroach there. In fact I have only ever seen one and that was in a shopping centre in Marmaris this year!!
Only ever seen roaches in the Canary islands and a couple in Malta. Never seen them in Majorca. Believe me if they were there I would of seen them!
On 25th July 2010 at 07:00pm, shandst said:
I am hoping someone can help with my task of finding some nice apartments in Majorca (preferably in Palma Nova, Magalluf area) for a holiday in September. We used to use apartments when the kids were holidaying with us but then we had a couple of holidays in the Canaries and although only saw a couple of cockroaches on each holiday,I now have a phobia and was checking the rooms every time we entered and spraying them corner to corner before leaving each night! I know there must be some lovely cockroach free apartments in Majorca and just need some advice from people who have visited them :cheers
On 26th July 2010 at 02:59pm, shandst said:
thanks for your replies. We usually stay in hotels but might risk apartments in September. Any one able to recommend any nice ones for two people? Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.