Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Excellent report crammed full of information for anyone visiting the resort.
Like yourselfe we had a meal in Charleys, price did not match up to what we had eaten.
A lot of negative vibes, again against the Majestic Boys.
Well worth waiting for your report and glad you had a great time.

Gene
Hi swimsuit

Glad to hear you have a good time at the Alvaro. If you haven't done so already, perhaps you would like to copy your review to our review section HERE

Thanks

luci :wave
Hi swimsuit. Glad to hear you had a good holiday overall. I have booked for next year and I to was worrid about prices. Like you we don't drink spirits but do like the odd Efes but they don't seem to bad. We go primarily becuase the people are so friendly and you get much more variety of trips in turkey than anywhere else and resonsably priced to. Am going to do the jeep safari next year and my 2 boys and their dad want to do the scuba diving so good to know the trips are still excellent value. Di. 8)
Glad you had a good holiday Swimsuit - Where is the Moonlight restaurant? , i`ve heard it mentioned several times but never come accross it in Icmeler. Would love to try it! 45 Sleeps!
:sun

Hi,Swimsuit,Thanks for a very informative review,I like reviews like yours,with lots of good advice and information,like you,i don't like the idea of English touts on the doors,like you say,it takes away some the lovely Turkish charm that we all go to turkey for. :D
Swimsuit,

Great report, loved it.
Thanks

Wilson :wink:
The moonlight is opposite the Tansas , down a side street.

Take a left at the wooden palace/summer garden side road and follow it along past a gift shop.
It has lights wrapped around the tree outised.

Alternitvely follow the canal up and you will come to it.
Thanks swimsuit - Will have a look for that in October.
Great report and really good news about Dan and Ozcan's baby Ella. I suspect she is the first of many.

WG
Great report - the Alvaro apartments certainly look very nice, especially pool area. We had a look when we were over this year. Agree with you about Moonlight restaurant - excellent meals and very reasonably priced.
Willie , the baby is a beauty.

She had to stay in hospital as sha had jaundice but she came to the pool bar a few times to greet her public.She was lovely , luckily I'm in the same club as the cat so could be as broody as I wanted
Where were the English touts?, a few Kurds that had lived in the UK that's all I saw
There was an english guy outside Charleys resturant and also another at the bar part of the waterfall resturant.

For me part of the Turkish charm is the charm of the turks so to be speak - My only concern being if there is a influx of ex brits opening bars and resturants or at least canvassing then it will soon be lost and the resort will turn in to es cana or salou.

If you see what people love most about Icmeler , the friendliness of the turkish people are quite high on the list.
Personally when I go back I wont be going in any resturant with an x pat on the door as my own little protest
Well that's two out of how many :D in my two weeks I did not spot any
It was only a couple out of loads but 2 more then we spotted last year.

(we ate in one and werent impressed , but thought perhap we had gone in to eat , cos the guy on the doors a londoner and he says it will be our best meal and as he is from england that means it'll be good,
In hindsight a shocking attitude - just hope its not a sign of things to come)

It will still take a lot more then that to turn me away from Icmeler , rather gutted (as is my 13yr old daughter) that we are off to OLu next yr
I thought that brits couldn`t work in bars in Turkey - and i do think that these jobs should be kept for the Turks!
Sounds like you had a great time, I can't wait for mine ... only 14 sleeps :lol:

Theresa
Juat read your comments about the above & really pleased with what we read, as we have come home from Icmeler on Friday am & booked the Alvaro Apartments for 2 weeks in 2006. 51 weeks to go!!

Any chance of letting us know which bar/shops/location they are next to as we were only there for a week this year not enough time to look everywhere.

Cheers.
congratulations gutt56 , you have made an excellent choice.

I would go as far to say that the Alvaro apartments have the best location of all in Icmeler.
They are situated on the main road - about 100 yrds down from tansas opposite the 3 bells.
BAsically sandwiched between captain bullshits and the titanic resturants.
They have 2 access points , 1 at the front of the apartments and 1 at the pool bar.
If you exit from the pool bar/reception , you literally turn right and you come to the canal within minutes , turn left and you will be at the pyramid resturant/crossroads
Turn left and take a quick right and you will come out by the main square in Icmeler with Harrys steak house straight in front.
Nothing is further then 5 minutes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.