Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cats in Goa
28 Posts
Hi Ian

I'm not keen on cats either although I'm not afraid of them. I haven't seen many cats in Goa although there was one restaurant in Baga our friends loved to go to because there were about a dozen cats that used to roam around the tables. I only went once, never again. The restaurant is no longer there (maybe it's the cats that closed it down) Apart from that one place I can't honestly say I've seen a lot of cats in Goa, although they must be around!!!!
Hi

We have seen very few cats in Goa over the years apart from where we are now in Arambol - there are loads so tell her not to go there. We have recently been in Palolem and Agonda and don't think I saw any.

Am off to Candolim tomorrow and have been there many times and hardly seen a cat.

Cheers
Sian
In the 3 years i've been going i've only seen one cat. It was cute :D
:(

Oh your poor sister that's awful for her, I have a big phobia about snakes and they are very rare not like cats :yikes But i have to say i think i may of seen one if that i cant really recall and i am not a fan of them as well, I know exactly how she feels and people can poohoo it but it is the most horrible feeling and my heart goes out to her especially as it is something that is very common more to the UK more than Goa tho, I dread going any where in case i see a snake but i have started to refuse my fear from me going places as life is to short. I hope she does go to Goa and i pray for her that she does not come across any cats.

Pip
x
Ive only seen one cat and that was a restaurants owners cat - Billy big nuts was its name :rofl

Weird though isn't it when you think about it? Maybe we should be questioning whether that's chicken or not in our curry's! :yikes
Dont care they taste sooo good!!
its wasps with me...i am TERRIFIED !!!!! i run a mile if one come anywhere near me !! ireally wish i wasnt, its spoils the summer for me, so i can relate to how she feels about cats.

i cant remember seeing a lot in goa though, plenty dogs and pups but no cats

J
I have the same phobia with toads and frogs :yikes I haven't seen that many in Goa SO FAR, but every time I see one it makes my legs go funny, no matter how big or small they are. So I also know how she feels.

Donna
XX
I haven't seen that many cats in Goa, there is one at the Sun Village hotel, but to be honest it doesn't really come near anyone.
I've only seen a fleeting glimpse of cat about 4 times in 16 years of visiting Goa, nothing like you find in Greece where they seem to be in all the restaurants!

Jane I'm with you on the wasp thing, one reason why I find Goa so relaxing as there are no wasps :)
we saw some kittens in candolim but that was it never saw another cat while we were there,
im also with you about wasps, i hate the darn things....
I have lived in Arpora for nearly 7 years now and have only seen 3 cats, 1's mine even though I did have 2 but it got killed by a snake, and Mojos cat and a cat over the road, who has since passed away probably by the same snake.
My daugther lives up by the Nalaya hotel in arpora has had 3 spectackled cobras and a large python in the garden in the past 3 months, a 4ft monitor lizard and everyday various types of frogs pop out of the shoe basket or are in the porch thats what india is all about the nature :rofl :rofl
never saw a snake while we wee there ,although a couple at our hotel said they did down candolim road,they guy was doing snake chrming he said, they showed us footage on the phone he had...
:really

Oh Poo i dont like them at all, i freak at them i should say i have been lucky that i have not seen them, I :think it would put me off going to Goa :duh

Pip
x
Give me the cats I'm terrified of snakes. I remember the first time to Goa a friend and me went for walk quite early in the morning - friends still asleep! We were stopped by Indian with basket, thinking it was trinkets etc we stopped to look, he took the lid off basket and out came this cobra - we ran for our lives screaming. Quite a laugh now but not funny at the time :rofl
hi
i have been going for years and have not seen many cats at all
We had a couple of cats , local pets, near to our apartment just normal everyday household cats doing the usual cat type things, stalking imaginary (hopefully) snakes and things - no problem with them begging for food, they appeared very well fed and looked after - as did the dogs. Most all are sporting collars and seem to belong to either their chosen shack or home. We did have a little family of cows we regularly fed with bread, or their favourite milky biscuits - they were so gentle and sweet. I love the Goan animals they are so soft and laid back. Your family shouldnt have a problem - have a great holiday
Hi i to have a phobia empty kingfisher bottles :yikes :cry the thought makes me shiver :rofl slan(cheers)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.