Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi have just returned from a short trip and stayed at the cay beach, it is really nice, the bungalows are modern and very clean, good bathrooms, lots of storage, the staff friendly and helpful. Lots of room around the pool with sunloungers and brollys, water v clean. We only stayed self catering, but had the breakfast one day, basic but ok, Im not sure I would be too happy with the AI option. There is one bar with plastic chairs and not much choice of drinks. Didnt really stay long enough to give you advice on what to do there, but there are several nice restaurants and bars about, lots of cheap english ones where you can get 3 courses for £8.50 - didnt bother with them. The beach is large, there are water sports available, the sea is very rocky and therefore difficult to get into.
I've added these apartments to our review site. Nikki would you add your review here please:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/fuerteventura/caleta-de-fuste/cay-beach-caleta-apartments/

Many thanks

Giugi if you haven't already seen it, here is their website:- http://www.caybeachcaleta.com/index.php
HI
We are also going A.iI. IN September . Like you Ican only find reviews on Trip advisor,although they are glowing! I'll keep lookihg for new Info and let you know if I find and perhaps youcould do the same
That would be great. When I get back in July I will write my review and add some pics to let you know what its like. So far so good with the reviews, so looking forward to the break. I will keep hunting for reviews. Happy Hols..x
Thanks you enjoy your hol too! thomson have a video of the complex on their website! I have already put my name on one of the jacuzzi beds :D . looks really cool!
Hi,
Tony Romas is part of the complex and you get to eat there once a week as part of the AI package.
Dave
hi thanks Dave , I saw that on the booking form . this may sound a really obvious question ,but as we are going for two weeks do we get to eat there twice or is it only once per holiday ? :que
Hi all. I think its once a week and then if you want to eat there more you get 20% off the cost. Who you going with ? Not long for me now, 6 more sleeps :)
Hi
Thinking of booking these apartments for the end of Aug, 2 adults and 1 child age 3. Just wondering if you think
they are suitable for kids? Is there any sign of evening entertainment. The bungalows look good and look in a good location for the beach etc. Any feedback would be great. Thanks a lot.
hi
thanks Dave , we are going with low cost holidays ! Hope you enjoy and will be expecting a review when you get back ;) Jill ,check trip advisor for loads of reviews .It seems to be particularly sutable for small children . They also have photos
Just a word of warning - we had booked this hotel 4 weeks ago for our holiday at the end of August. Received an email yesterday telling us they had overbooked and offering us a lesser hotel instead. On checking the hotel website and also various other travel sites they are still showing this as available but at a much higher cost. We have now had to take a refund as they cant guarantee that should we book again at the higher cost this will not happen again.
Not happy - now have to try and find something else!! Have seen other reviews of the same on another holiday forum, dont think we are the only ones.
Any suggestions on alterative All Inclusive Accommodation suitable for young children would be very grateful.
Hi all, I have just returned from these apartments and will be posting my review over te next couple of days, a word of warning to all that have booked independently....check they haven't double booked you as when I was leaving there was some very unhappy customers as they were double booked, there doesn't seem to be a problem if you book through a main travel agent, thomson, first choice....also note there are ALOT of of other foreign country whom book this hotel direct too. Happy hols
HI GUIGI ,
Read your review ,great., thanks for that ! . Did you eat at Tony Romanas as part of your A.I package ? What was your opinion? .ALSO when did the A.I drinks finish at night? some say 11pm some say midnight . Also is the hairdryer in the apartment anygood or should I bring my own?
thanks in advance and happy holliday washing :rofl
Hi eh 1, we did eat at Tonys, you are only offered a limited menu there on the AL, choices are as follows:
Starters. chicken nuggets, potato skins and chicken salad, All very tasty indeed.
Mains, Mini rack of ribs and chips, Half bbq chicken and chips, and fish with rice. Again all very tasty.
Puddings, 1 scoop of icecream. not a lot but nice.
Your also allow to have one drink there. Either pop, beer or wine. A nice meal in my opinion and makes a nice change.
AL drinks start at 10.30 am till 11.30 am. meal times are breakfast 7 till about 9.30, lunch 1 till 3, dinner 6 till about 9. They do give you a sheet but I really would take no notice ot the times on there, just double check at reception.
Airdryer is fine, its located in bathroom, no diffuser on it and you can't move it from room to room and there is only 1 large mirror in apartment which is in in bathroom.
We did have a nice holiday and if you have younger kids it felt safe for them. I'm sure you will enjoy it. As for my washing, I really don't remember taking so much with me!! :que
Any more questions just ask my friend..x
Thanks again Guigi,
I assume you meant 11.30pm for the end of A.I drinks . My hubby has justhad heart failure at the thought of only getting free beer for an hour :D . we are empty nesters now so no small kiddies to worriy about but too old for clubbing not fair is it ?
Won't bother taking my Hair dryer then as its somything less to pack on Ryanairs puny baggage allowance.Can't wait to go ,thats if we don't get cancelled like those posting on trip advisor but fingers crossed
thanks again
elaine
opps.yes 11.30 pm, sorry about that must be the drinks working its way out my system. lol. I do have pictures and will post as soon as I can. Enjoy...x
oh thats great will be looking forward to the pics !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.