Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
CD'S and DVD'S
10 Posts
Hi Rushy.
Would steer clear of the DVD's if i were you.Unless you can find the originals that is.
Few years back i bought about 20 movies.Only 2 of them were any good.
The discs were all copies and picture quality was really poor and did not carry the 5:1 surround signal.In fact they were mono.
One of the movies i got was 'The Passion of the Christ '.At one point in the movie when Jesus was on the cross,A dark figure holding a large box of popcorn got up and walked across the screen!!!! :lol: I dont remember that ever being in the bible!!! :lol:
But if you are not too bothered about the quality they do have all the latest movies and some which were not even out at the cinema yet.
I would think cd's would be ok though.

Jason.
Hi - I would echo this. My OH bought about ten DVDs last year and about half of them were not any good - they kept getting stuck and jumping halfway through. I think he could look at them before he bought, but of course he couldn't watch them the whole way through before.
Hi, due to a large amount of raids on illegal Dvd suppliers there are very few to be found. Did notice the large one in Nessebar now closed up also the one near to Moby Dick in Albena also in Plazza in Albena also closed up. Tonyt
Hopefully that will stop my OH buying more then. he never learns.... :roll:
I did buy some DVD's last year and they were rubbish, I suggest you ask to try them before buying( no problem).
The cd's i bought were excellent and are still going strong. Once again just ask them to play it before you leave the stall/shop.

8) The Toonman
Good morning toonman2, just another update on the fake C.Ds etc. Another three outlets in Vratsa were raided yesterday and 1.000's of items confiscated. Cheers Tonyt
The Bulgarian authorties appear to be stepping up their crackdown on pirated & fake goods of all types in preparation for the anticipated EU accession, over €400,000-worth of fake 'designer' clothing was seized from a ship in Varna within the past couple of days.

Also, there have been several reported raids on the premises of people who were involved in large-scale internet file-sharing activities.

Baldur
Hi Baldur and Tonyt. Thanks for the update. Possible the shops will be empty by the time I get there. Still the beers not fake so I suppose that will have to do.

8) Tonnman
Toonman. Another 10.000 confiscated in the Capital Sofia today. Cheers Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.