Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Champagne
11 Posts
It was my 50th last year and my OH ordered Champagne for the room in the MD, cant remember what it cost (even though I ended up paying for it,another story) it ws Ok and if they have it i should imagine you can buy it elsewhere :cheers
brenliz i would get it in bahrain,better choice and much cheaper i would of said
im gonna get some from dubai,,,but if i dont i know where to come now :rofl :cheers
We always buy ours in the Duty Free on the way to Goa, much better quality IMO :cheers
do they not have a problem you drinking it in the shack and how do you keep it cold?
How long do you think it will last.... :rofl they will usually keep it in the fridge for you...Keith
we had champagne several times in feb - at fransisco's shack,perola do mar and a couple of restaurants.it was always 900r.it was sula and it was fine. just like cava but i still dont think you'll get it that cheap in dutyfree. when we were at gatwick in october we got a twin pack of lanson and it was £35.if you want it at a shack,ask them beforehand as they send out for it.
The Indian style Champagne is called SULA, and is actually quite googd. Saying that I do actually prefer a good Cava to Champagne.
If the shack or restaurant doesnt have Sula in, then they will quickly send someone out to get it.

I also noticed last season that they had some other Sparkling wine available in small bottles.
This was no where near the quality of SULA. Its more like 13% Lambrini. Certainly it is an aquired taste but for around 120rps for a small bottle, it made a welcome change.
I can't remember whether it was 37.5cl or 25cl. I think it was 37.5.

Lisa
Whenever we have had Champagne in Goa it has been bought by us in the duty free in Gatwick. We too also bought the Lanson as it was on special offer.

Last December it was my o.h.'s 50th birthday and I had previously emailed them to say that I would be taking champagne with me and that I would be keeping it in the room's fridge and wanted it to be served in the hotel restaurant on his birthday. I thought I would pre-warn them because previous experience taught me that any non-hotel drink would be taken out of the fridge and would disappear. If that had been taken from our fridge, I would have been very upset.

Regarding Sula wines, we find them very hit and miss.
I dont like the Sula Champagne or the wine, it tastes very cheap and yeugh.Only my opinion of course but, my advise would be to buy it at duty free.
Thanks for all your replies. I think we will ask the shack to get it in for us. I don't mind the Sula wine, so the champagne would probably be ok. By the time midnight comes I will have had so much of everything else I probably wouldn't notice what it tasted of anyway! If there is a good offer on when we go through duty free we might buy some.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.