France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Sorry, I haven't had anything similar so soon to the date of travel. I have had to change car, but it was sufficiently far in advance of my date of sailing - two weeks - that a telephone call to P&O was sufficient and no charge was levied. I hope you have a good trip and no hassle.
Thanks for your reply.

I have had a reply from P&O to say that they have made the change free of charge. SeaFrance are still wanting a tenner for the return leg but I think we'll take our chances on that one and see how it goes at the port.
SeaFrance are in a bit of a cash crisis so they will be grabbing whatever money they can

I think I would keep an eye on the news to make sure it is still sailing when you go as it's main owner SNCF are threatening to pull the plug on them
Just an update - we got through check in at SeaFrance with no problem at all.

I'm not sure if they have ANPR at Calais anyway, as they do at Dover; I looked for cameras but didn't see any. In any case, we were behind a coach full of German schoolchildren (there were about four coaches of 'em on the ferry) and I told the lad who was driving to tuck up right behind it. We pulled up to the check in window and they never questioned the car at all. The hanger for the mirror said the old registration on but obviously from that point on nobody was going to bother.

All's well that ends well!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.