Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Reported on here yesterday that it is a protest about the removal of the River Princess.
They have just rung and told me it was dreadful - were in Totos for breakfast and stayed and watched the whole thing - it was a demonstration against the River Princess and they blocked the road and even stopped pedestrians going past. They were lined across the road near to the temple and the taxis were dropping people off at the Ice factory along with their luggage and abandoning them there as the taxis could not go through the crowd. One couple missed their flight as the taxi could not reach them and another couple who were on honeymoon from Mumbai had to walk from Totos to the Taj, via the beach, with their luggage.
Their cause is good but did not do much for the image of Goa to tourist who had just come.
well done Goa :tup :tup
thats just what you need at this time
all the years that dam boat has been stranded what a great time to protest and upset the few guests that have ignored all the horror storys theve been reading to come to visit you
ever heard of the saying never bite the hand that feeds you :que
It does seem like some people don't grasp "cause and effect".

The tourists are the people who still come to Goa despite there being a shipwreck on the beach. The politicians are the people who have failed completely to remove it in 9 years.

Who do they disrupt and inconvenience? The tourists.

Brilliant. :banghead:
There is no logic to what the goans are doing, i saw so many really peeded off tourists this morning and felt so sorry for them, i was put out but im not on holiday so i can do the things i needed to do another day but when time is ticking on and your holiday gets disrupted like this i would be angry.
This is felt by many to be a political thing again the big hotels egging on the locals because they dont want to pay towards its removal (so other locals have said) dont know but it sure once again hasnt done goa any good, wonder how the couple stand that missed their flight!!!!
I have been told this will not be the only protest!!!!more are planned
what a shame for the people who have spent a lot of money top go over the xmas/new year period, and also the first timers, imagine how they will feel landing and getting to the hotel in that chaos, poor things, this will hit the tourism even more.
J
The fact that places are closed over christmas/new year and now this... really worries me. I can see this being the final nail for goa for a good while. This is not good at all. I pray nothing happens over the festive season :( So sad.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.