Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
i spent four days in prague for the august bank holiday and i loved it (first time there), i stayed in vysehrad in the corinthia towers and it was superb with its own metro station yards away, the metro is cheap and fun to use and gets you anywhere you want to go,

my favourite place was the old town square just off wenceslas square, its lovely,

have fun :)
i know i'm asking alot but i'm looking for suggestions for reasonable hotels
near wenceslas square in prague. can anyone suggest names of hotels or a good online map of hotel locations, its for my friends and they would like to spend around £60 - £70 per person for 2 nights in a hotel :?
I use http://www.praguehotels.cz/ they have some decent cheap hotels on there, and the added bonus is you dont pay till arrival.
I have booked the botel Albatros for October for 2 of us for 2 nights and it's going to cost £105. It is a boat on the river quite near to the square. Booked it through Athos Travel (http://www.athos.cz/) - they are very helpful, just email them.
Recommend the Cloister Inn, we stayed there in August. It is reasonable priced - and a good 3 star hotel, I would say. Nothing fancy, but very, very clean. The best thing is the location, no need to catch metros, it is really central, about 5 mins to Charles Bridge. We really enjoyed the nightclubs in Prague ie. Lavka, which is next to Charles Bridge, and it was easy to stagger home early in the morning!
we stayed in the moran city hotel its about 15 mins walk to charles bridge and wencelas sq ,nice hotel and not badly priced
We stayed at the U Suteru hotel which is near Wencelas Square and only a 5 min walk to the old town.
It is only a small hotel but loads of character and a fabulous restaurant which was full every night.
Cost us £100 per person for 3 nights.
We stayed in Pension U Suteru and found that a good base. Quiet street so as not to be disturbed but near enough to walk everywhere.
I agree with Caz & Dave - we also stayed in U Suteru in May and upgraded to a deluxe room. It was lovely. All the sights are within walking distance.
Hotels in Prague tend to be v. expensive. Apartments are much better value. I have used http://www.marys.cz and found them great - very wide selection of apts and good prices.
Treat yourself and stay in the Marriott or the Renaissance. You wont regret it.

Look for about £370 for 4 nights twin room for that.

great location, straight out onto Namesti Republiky where the powder gate is. A few very good restaurants locally and designer shops area.

5 min walk to Na Prikopi shopping area, 5-10 mins to old town square.
I am about to go back to Prague for the second time in a year and last time and this time I will (or did) use the Central Hotel in Rybna.

It's about 5 mins walk from the Old Town Square so very very central - and it's clean, warm and the breakfast is splendid.

I used superbreak both times and paid around £50 per room per night but there are free night deals in Winter months.

Hope that's a help.

:D
Hi guys. If you really fancy 5* luxury then try Old Town Square Hotel. You won't find it in any brochures http://www.travelcook.com/prague/old%5Ftown%5Fsquare/

We've stayed in this hotel twice (November 2004 and December 2005) and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Both times we have asked for Old Town Square views and have got them. The room easily accommodates 2+1 (as we took our daughter with us). There is a king size bed and the sofa expands for any others.

Moderator - could you add Old Town Square Hotel to the hotel reviews page please. Thank you.
I've requested it be added :wink:

Pippy :D
Old Town Square Hotel added HERE.

Pippy :D
You should try the Hotel Salvator - not only is it a nice 3* hotel with reasonable rates and a fantastic restaurant, it's also in a great location. I have been to Prague 5 times - (I have caught the bug) and have stayed in this hotel on the last 3 occasions. You usually find the closer to Old Town square you are, the more you will pay, but the standards are not any better. The best thing to do is stay a further 5 minutes walk away and you get a much better hotel and at a CHEAPER rate.

The Salvator hotel is located so well, that if you come out and turn left in 10 mins you are in Wenceslas Square and if you walk straight ahead for 5 minutes you're in old town Square.

As per the post above I always use Athos (also known as APrgaue) - register with them and you get an instant discount. The more times you use them the more discount you get. They discount on airport transfers also builds up and the last time went this was FREE!
(also posted in city breaks)

Top Hotel Praha

Anyone thinking of booking this place...DONT!

worst hotel I've been to in a long time!

4 star entrance, 1/2 star rooms.. very basic, either no aircon or aircon which doesnt work..the staff were the rudest I have ever had the misfortune to meet, totally unhelpful and it was obvious to my myself and my friends that everything was too much trouble!

Breakfast is only served from 6.30am-10am and its a cold buffet of meat, cheese and boiled eggs...the eggs run out by 7am! bread and marg and cereal with only natural yoghart...no milk??

This hotel is miles from anywhere it costs 350 crowns to go into town by taxi..its 39 crowns to the pound, so you are stuck in the hotel if you are on a tight budget..you have to pay 200 crowns for an hour in the hotel pool...I have never stayed at a hotel were you had to pay for the pool before??????...its awful...dont go...make sure you get as near to the old town as possible when booking a hotel, its worth a little bit extra.

On the plus side, the city is beautiful
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.