Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
To be quite truthful it all depends on the time you want to go , if it is November December they are usually high prices, you may have some luck but I doubt it,after the New Year you might find some bargains, but the trouble this year is that the airlines Thomas Cook etc, are reducing there flights so the same amount of people want to go to Goa, but there are reduced flights, so they may not have to give price reductions.

Also the best hotels will be sold out as well. the Taxi price from the airport to Calangute is roughly 7 pounds.
Thanks. Hoping to go on 27th/28th December. I'd sort of set my mind on booking late to save some money but maybe I'll have to re-think! :(
We've booked a package for November, booked early and got a great price.That was through Hays Travel on the Teletext and I have to say they were spot on.

Next year we are going for a month, and we booked the hotel on our last visit so we are using Sri Lankan Airways , and again booked early to avoid the price increases.

I think its a matter of timing, whats good for you at the time, whether its early or late you can never tell. Just keep your eye on the Teletext, computer and sometimes the local travel agent. Done it all ways, not particular as long as I get the right deal.

Good Luck
thanks for you help! :)

probably going to hold on & wait for a late booking I think as I'd go to Baga, Calangute or Candolim so I'll take whatever suits my pocket at the time! ;)
You will pay a few hundred pounds extra each if you plan to be there for New Years Eve (though I have to say it is fantastic!). If you go on or after 1st Jan you will pay a lot less for a package deal.
Might hold off for a few days then....no desperate to be in Goa for New Year... just hate it here for New Year!!
New Year in Goa is absolubte chaos if you aren't that fussed about it i'd wait until early Jan. As some other people have said it will be a lot cheaper if you go either early December (it's quiet and cheap because everyone is waiting for xmas) or wait until January.

I found a great deal with Thomas Cook, flight only £490 late November don't think it was much more for holidays.
Jewel in the Crown have holidays to North Goa for £508 same time, if you can cope flying with Monarch it was staying at O'Pescador hotel in Baga.

Hope this is of some assistance.
Claire. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.