Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Never once had a problem with Chevron.Booked holidays to Malta with them many times and they always gave me 1st class service. :)
We have used Chevron for the last ten years. They have always been a lot cheaper than other tour operators.

We have stayed at the Gillieru half board and paid £100 each less than people staying B&B with Thomsons.

They use Air Malta flights and the reps are usually older people who are either Maltese of Brits who have lived in Malta for years.

If you phone Chevron during the working day you usually speak to Maltese people and they know the different hotels very well so are able to answer any questions.

I would recommend them.

Mandy
My Mum aged 81 uses Chevron at least twice a year and has always had good service. She used their travel insurance as they don't add anything extra for her age - not many companies do that.

Pippa
Hi there :wave We have also used Chevron for years and never had a problem, I am pleased to see so many positive reports about them. They use BA from Manchester and both BA and Air malta are still doing inflight meals at no extra cost, Chevron don't charge credit cards fees for booking. They are much cheaper for the same as the big companies
Thank you all very much, it is good to see that they are well spoken off may well use them for next years holiday. There prices are a lot better than some of the other tour groups and flight days and times are good as well.
Dave
Hi Dave i have used Chevron many times .I have had some great deals on their special offers page on their website. Only drawback is the special offer flights from Manchester seem to be on the 8pm flight. And it gets you to Luqa around midnight so its around 2am by the time you get to your hotel. But never had a problem with them and the reps have always been very helpful not pushy and trying to sell you stupid trips. But if you ask them anything you feel you are getting the right advice Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

Used Chevron twice this year. No complaints whatsoever. The price was right, though from Birmingham Airport it's was also a late flight. Will certainly use them again and I hope they offer hols to Gozo in the future,

Trev
Hi plumbrai and Trev, It seems that a lot of the flights to Malta are on the late side, some say at least you then have a good long day on your last day of your holiday, but if like me you like to get up in the morning have a bite to eat and of to the airport and away it something you just have to put up with. They do have better flight days than most of the other tour operators who only go on a Tuesday and who wants to go on a Tuesday :roll:
Dave
Hi Trev, Dave & Plumb, I still think that diy holiday are the best in Malta you can fly quite cheapley these days with BA or Britishjet.com we are doing diy in 2 out of 3 Malta holidays already booked for next year and we are making significant savings each time, ciao 4 now peeps.

Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

We're very interested in doing a DIY holiday in Malta. On our next visit we'll certainly investigate this possibility especially if as you say we can save some money.

As you know I'm happy to drive in Malta so if I do a DIY holiday I'd have a car waiting for us at the airport and as you also know, I know just the car hire company that would sort that out for me! :smokin It therefore leaves just a matter of securing somewhere decent to stay since as you know there's absolutely no problem with finding places to eat etc.

There are oodles of flights that leave from Birmingham Airport for Malta :fly and I do believe "sadly" you can fly on a Tuesday as well!!!! :lol: Last time we flew in the August there were empty seats going out and coming back so maybe they'd let us purchase those seats for a "reasonable" price? :shrug

Trev
Hi Trev, it's very good to hear from you as always mate :wave , I do firmly believe that by doing diy in Malta there can be significant savings to be made on flights and accomodation, don't forget that where needs be one can always catch a bus from Luqa to Valletta and on from there to your chosen destination depending on the time of day of course, aswell as this it is also a more rewarding holiday knowing that you have done it all yourself, however this might not be for everybody Mrs Sliema2 and I might just be lucky in the fact that we have access to very good and extremely reasonably priced accomodation in Sliema which we were introduced to by sheer luck and circumstance, but it goes without saying that I would be delighted to assist you with your diy plans where possible.

Regards
Sliema2
Hello Trev/Sliema2, so lets get this right DIY holidays should cost less than a package one, as you both know there are some good hotels and some bad hotels in Malta as else where abroad. I put it to to Sliema2 in a friendly way, this is what I think I will be booking for next summers holiday.

A good class four star hotel in Sliema for two weeks in July with no sea view as there are none, half board, tranfers to and from the airport, flight supplements, fuel supplements and no insurance as we have our own.

The total for this holiday as per the book is £642.00 each from Birmingham, as you have said you know of a very good and extremely reasonable priced place to stay but can you get the cost of this sort of holiday, I am going to book down from the price I have set.

If you can I will see to it that your owner gives you a extra bale of hay to lay on a night and two apples a day.

Dave
Hello Trev/Sliema2, so lets get this right DIY holidays should cost less than a package one, as you both know there are some good hotels and some bad hotels in Malta as else where abroad. I put it to you Sliema2 in a friendly way, this is what I think I will be booking for next summers holiday.

A good class four star hotel in Sliema for two weeks in July with no sea view as there are none, half board, tranfers to and from the airport, flight supplements, fuel supplements and no insurance as we have our own.

The total for this holiday as per the book is £642.00 each from Birmingham, as you have said you know of a very good and extremely reasonable priced place to stay but can you get the cost of this sort of holiday, I am going to book down from the price I have set.

If you can I will see to it that your owner gives you a extra bale of hay to lay on a night and two apples a day.

Dave
Hi Dave, the cost of our June and September holidays with BA flights, private transfers, and private accomodation are each considerably less than what you are proposing to pay for your holiday in Malta next July, in fact the September one is even cheaper still as we have booked the flights so far in advance, but at the end of the day it isn't about cost it's about what suits you and our diy holidays in Malta really do suit us, it's great having private accomodation with a sea view and as I have said previously it's a real sense of achievment knowing that you have created your own excellent holiday, by the way can I have sugar lumps with my apples and bails of hay please ?.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

I thought what a good idea you had suggested.... use the buses to get to and from the airport-then I realised oops-not in the early hours of the morning! I guess this is one drawback to the flights from Brum since they all seem to be late evening.

Must suggest changes to these awkward flight times!!!!!

Trev
Hi Trev, we are lucky in that respect as all 3 of our flights :fly for next year are early morning flights from manchester arriving in Malta mid-morning so where neccessary we could get a bus, although I think at least 2 of them will be taxi's to Sliema.

Regards
Sliema2
hi to you all i must be very lucky i live about 30 mins from heathrow and flights from there are at 10-50am every day so after a civalised breakfast i can take my time going to the airport and so what if it costs me about £30 pounds more. i will be looking into diy holidays, if i book now i can get an august flight with air malta for about £170 now all i need is to find the right hotel must get looking.

alan
Chevron are superb. We had a very bad time in Malta a couple of years ago, nothing to do with Chevron. And they handled it brilliantly. I could not fault them and have used them many times since.

And how's this for customer care: After we arrived home from the holiday disaster, we wrote to chevron at the request of the rep and told them what had happened. One week after we posted the letter, we received a cheque for a substantial amount of money and a lovely personal letter from this company. We didn't ask for any compensation!! We wrote to them praising their staff and company, not complaining or demanding any compensation.
Airtours: Take note.......
I do apologise for bumping this thread after so long.

But been looking into Malta, Chevron seem so much cheaper (£100 or so) then all the other sites.

Any one used them recently and can give me more up to date feedback.

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.