Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Have you paid to book your seats? Its not free with Thomson
or
How many days is it away from your flight? It needs to be 90 days from your return flight.
Denny,53. Thanks for your reply. I am aware you have to pay for seating, but having done similar with other airlines, you normally get a seating plan up first to select where you want to sit, choose then pay, not pay first.
My outward and return are within 90 days (3 months)
Do you pay then get an option to choose seats when you turn up at airport??. TAI
I selected our seats for January with Thomsons yesterday.We paid when we booked our holiday and the seat plan came up yesterday(90 days before return flight).
You pay and then go on the website and choose your seats as long as its 90 days before your return flight. You can see the seat plans on here (under Darrens signature) for free!
pipefitter wrote:
I was looking at how to book seats on our up and coming Thomson flight but am a bit confused.
Logged in ok to managed my booking. Selected "add seats option". but was directed to payment page without being directed to any seating plan first? Am I missing something here TIA

Thomson is different. With other airlines during the booking process you can pick your seats from a map of the plane & choose where you want to sit, then pay at the end.

With Thomson you choose seats - extra legroom, extra space or standard. Again, you pay during the booking process but you will not see a seat plan or be able to choose specific seat numbers - you can only do this from 90 days from your return flight.

Hope this clarifies your query.

gaz
Am i right in saying that if you purchase premium seats with Thomson, this includes select your seat option.?

Still think its ridiculous that you cant select your seats at the start of the process rather than this mad scramble at the end with no guarantee.

I have a mildy autistic son who is an anxious flyer and my hubby and I need to be sitting at either side of him. in the row of 3 seats.

I hope to God they dont make us sit separately... it would be a nightmare for him.
Fee,

Yes, seat plans open 90 days before your return flight date. You should get a row of seats in the middle without too much fuss if you check 90 days before.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.