Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think that all you can do is appeal to their goodwill. 'Seats together' is airline speak for 'fairly close to each other' Hence why they regard two aisle seats alongside each other as being 'together' and their T&Cs do usually state this.

However, I'm a bit confused as to why seats numbered 17c and 17d aren't on the same row but staggered? Are these exit row seats? If you do get to speak to supervisor and s/he is prepared to change your seats, it might be an idea to confirm what sort of aircraft it is and check the seating plan on on-line before accepting any alternative offered. Dazbo on the 'Flight Only and Airlines' forum will be able to help you with this if you post your flight numbers there.

SM
'Seats together' is airline speak for 'fairly close to each other'

Indeed, seats directly in front / behind / other side of passage are classed as together.

However, I'm a bit confused as to why seats numbered 17c and 17d aren't on the same row but staggered

I was on a plane recently and the rows were staggered so you could look across and out the opposite window, I thought that was unusual at the time.

You can find the flight forum HERE where Darren will sort you out :tup
How can C & D be on opposite sides of the plane. The must be on the same side. When I went on trips with my friend we like the two aisle seats, it meant we could both get up and walk around without annoying each other.
I have just returned from holiday so didnt realise where the seats were until the stewardess told us it was 2 aisle seats, i specifically asked when the girl in the thomson store for 1 aisle with 1 middle seat that due to a recent operation I needed to be next to my friend. I did not ask for specific numbers I made the mistake of trusting she understood what it meant....Apart from the seats it was made worse by the fact that we had the Malaga party crowd in seats behind who got on the plane drunk and were served numerous bottles of champagne and cider...after the stewardesses telling them numerous times to be quiet to stop swearing and to sit down, still they served them alcohol. They were told on the tannoy "this is an airplane not a pub or nightclub" and on landing they took their seat belts off and the pilot announced they were in breach of safety, they still ignored him....So much for Thomson's Zero Tolerance... For Feebee Seats are abC then an aisle then seats Def on other side. 3 x 3
Sorry, I thought that you hadn't gone on holiday yet and were wanting to change them before you did. If you've already been away and are now back I don't think that they'll do anything. As far as they are concerned you did have seats together and their T&Cs will cover them for this because 'seats together' doesn't guarantee you two seats directly alongside each other.

With hindsight, as this was needed on medical grounds, it would have been better to have done this through Customer Services for those with assistance/medical needs.

SM
Just to point out, an aisle seat an middle seat, ie b and c, cannot be booked with thomson, as it leaves a window seat on its own. Therefore to book any aisle seats for 2 passengers, you will both be allocated aisle seats. (for planes that are 3 seats, then aisle, then 3 seats, normally ;) shorthaul planes.) You learn something new everyday ey!
i specifically asked when the girl in the thomson store for 1 aisle with 1 middle seat that due to a recent operation I needed to be next to my friend. I did not ask for specific numbers I made the mistake of trusting she understood what it meant...

As you've probably realised in hindsight, unfortunately if you want particular seats you need to choose your seats and pay extra. There was nothing the girl in the store could have done apart from put in a request for seats together. I've often paid for 2 aisle seats as hubby and I like to be side by side without disturbing each other or anybody else. There is only a small gap for the aisle between us so I don't see that as a major obstacle. However, I am surprised that seats in front and behind are classed as being 'together' :que You live and learn.

I'm sorry to agree with others - I'm afraid you won't get a refund as they've done nothing wrong.
last year we hadn't pre booked seats with thomson were first to check in at airport got out tickets walked away and noticed that we had been seperated , this year we paid extra and pre booked our seats , for me it was worth the little bit extra
I have been reading comments regarding my post with interest. I have realised with Thomson holidays you always need to read the very small print and never believe what you are told without checking and double checking everything. I actually did get to speak to a supervisor who was VERY rude I asked who her boss was and she said she WAS the boss, unbelievable !!! I give up on Thomson, I used to think they were the best...Never again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.