Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Scottishmum, I'm so sorry that htere has been no reponse to your query as yet but I'm sure that someone will answer before long.

Come on guysand gals give the lady an answer please :)
stayed there many times as you know scottishmum but not at xmas im sure there will be plenty to do and see on xmas eve hope someone can elaborate
OUR Christmas Eve in Tenerife is pretty quiet where the Canaraians are concerned as this is the evening that they have large family meals etc.. Cabs are normally hard to come by between about 7 - 10p.m. Christmas day any hotel worth its salt will put some kind of entertainment on i.e. Father Christmas, Dinner. New Year is totally different. Although you will be hard pushed to get a cab until about 3am New Years Day there are celebrations and Fireworks everywhere. The Church Square in Los Cristianos is a great place to be. On the evening of the 5th January there are normally prossessions of 'The Three Kings' where they throw sweets to the kids in preperation for 'Childrens Day' on the 6th when the Canarian children open their 'christmas' presents. Hope this helps a bit.
Great, thanks for your reply Jackie!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.