General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi dinner-lady,

We are frequent visitors to the Dom. Rep on FC flights and always buy our cigarettes and alcohol on board as they always have deals. The only worry is if FC are carrying your brand of cigarettes, we know they carry our brand.

Angie. :tup
thanks for that. they are not for me but for my daughter who dogsits for me and she is not too bothered about brands. do you know if you can buy them going out as well as coming back :tup
Yes you can buy duty free both ways.
dinner-lady you can get First Choice to send you a duty free magazine look at this link

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/help/on-holiday/duty-free/

Angie.
Yes you can buy duty free both ways but......

1. You can only bring 200 per passenger back into the UK
2. On the way back the airlines often run out of cigarettes if they have sold too many on the way out.

Denny
Hi
I noticed someone said you can only bring back 200 cigs, has the allowance changed recently?
or does it depend where you are flying from? :think
If you are travelling home from a non EEC country the allowance is 200 ciggs each.If you are travelling home from an EEC country the allowance is a massive 3,200 each,ie Spain,you would have to travel with empty suitcases or pay for extra luggage allowance!!.
Scousemags,
Dinnerlady was asking re the dutyfree allowance from Dom Rep. The allowance from non eu countries is as stated by Crispy 200 cigs per passenger.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.