Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
cigarettes
59 Posts
rhodes is eu therefor 3200 fags the prices are set by the greek govenment and only if you find old stock will you buy cheaper lat week superking 2.70 eu and l&b 2.60eu per 20 (its no cheaper to buy sticks0

wizard
No limit on how many cigs you bring back as long as they are for your own use. I came back from Rhodes 2 weeks ago and was stopped at the airport. I had 14 cartons of cigs and it was no problem. Also had 10 packs of tobacco for my son-in-law and they were quite happy about letting me through.
A carton of L&B 200 cigs was 26 Euro
I'm currently smoking :oops: Leader mild at 15 euros a carton!
anyone been to falaraki and know the price of golden virginia tobacco regal and lambert and butler cigs
l&B 2.60 eur same price all over greece
May be worth noting that price of a packet of ciggies increases by 20cents on 31st August.If youre away around that date make sure you get your allowance before the budget increase.2 EURO,S per box of 200 soon adds up.
We are going to Rhodes for the first time in October. Does anyone know the prices of cigarettes in Rhodes Town. preferably Embassy No I.

Many thanks
They,ll be 30 Euro,s Michele,same price everywhere as prices are set by government,from the little supermarket to the airport,all the same price.There,s a brand out there called Leader,wife swears by them,they were 15 Euro,s when we were there in August,may be worth trying a pack first see if you like them,saved us a fortune by getting our allowance of them instead of Regal.
Many thanks for the info we will be sure to try the ciggies you recommended.

I don't suppose you know whether credit cards are widely accepted in supermarkets and tobacco shops
if its a master-card or visa most Major booze and fag shops take them
I've found that many shops-----large and small, don't take cards for cigarettes.Too little profit they say.
Arrived back From Rhodes Town Saturday night and Embassy No. 1 cost 2.8 Euro's for 20.
Does anyone know if they sell cigarettes & spirits at Rhodes airport? If so, what is the selection like & do they have large quantities?
Good selection of cigarettes and cigars from what I could see and the spirit range was good to with plenty of stock on the shelves. The only thing we could not find to buy was 12 Ouzo, though they did have other brands :wink:.

Don
we were in rhodes duty free at the beging of august and they had a good selection of goods we bought bensons for 28 euro. :lol:
prices in greece went up by 3evro per stick last weds (left it too late had to pay new price)

wizard
Thanks Seahunt & Wizard. Does anyone know if the duty free shop at Rhodes airport accepts visa debit cards?
No probs we used Visa there on the 4th, they also accept Access too.

Don 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.