Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Re: cigarettes
59 Posts
new prices on Leder red 2.4 euro /20 lambert& butler blue king size 3.0 euro /20
Rothmans Royals went up from €3.20 to €3.80 while we were there last month.
Anyone know what the prices are now, i got sovereign last year 27 euros for 200, wondering how much they have gone up?
40 to 60 cents per pack [4 to 6 euro per 100] approximately

yasus
wizard
Anyone know the price for a carton of 200 red Leader. Thanks
thats my brand... in may they were 2-40 per pack [24.00 eu per wrap] but i have heard they may have gone up another 4-6 euro per wrap [awaiting further supplies]

yasus
wizard
Thankyou for taking the time to reply,I dont go till October so they may go up in price again before then.
i honestly don't know how anyone can smoke red leaders,you must have a respiratory system made of granite!

Try some assos or GR if you want cheap but not nasty,i no longer smoke but they were my greek fags of choice before i(thankfully)decided to give up
compared to the english faggs i use to smoke they are quite mild but still have some taste to them, i have tried all british brands pluss greek spanish french cypriot and italian and the only one i like is Leader Red..as the saying goes its horses for courses if we all had the same taste would not this world be terribly bland

yasus
wizard
it would indeed mate,you're right,i respect you as a smoking god if you can handle red leaders,they're as strong as red malboro,which are themselves savage beasts!

bought some 'mezet 99' once while backpacking in cappadoccia,and also got some 'DS SPECIAL' in Gjirokaster in Albania,they made red leaders taste like silver silk cut,i swear to god they were so strong even the passive smoke gave you a head rush from 20 yards away and you lost your voice for a good 3 days after just one fag!

Sorry,gone a bit off topic now.... :whoops
Any prices for Lambert & Butler Silver? Going next week. Thanks :fly
Have cigs gone up in price a lot lately? Greece used to be cheaper than Spain but now I dont know if to buy in Spain or Greece any help would be appreciated.
I only smoke Greek ciggies Leader red the new price is € 2.40 per pack

OH smokes Richmond king size New Price is € 3.10 per pack

hope this helps
yasus
wizard
Please be aware that quoting prices is very difficult at the moment, some places still have old price stock in areas where those brands are not so popular, or they got in a large supply before either of the price rises this year.
Our nearest stockists are the local peripteros (kiosks) that have a regular delivery, so we were paying the new price soon after each rise on all main/popular brands. On our recent trip to Athens & Lesvos we found older stock of Pall Mall & Rockets.
Pall Mall Red, Blue & orange (strong, medium & low) come in packs of 20, 25 & 28 (used to be 30), at €2.90, €3.20 & €3.50, so the bigger packets work out cheaper. Rockets come in packs of 40, they are a bit slimmer than your normal cigarette, again there is Blue, Gold & White packs (S, M & L) & they cost €5, €40 for a carton of 320!
I have spent 2 weeks paying a lower price most of the time because I knew where to go to seek out some old stock, but obviously that won't last much longer.
Another rise is expected, possibly in January, not sure how much it will be this time!
really gotta say that those rockets are absolutely vile things,it's like smoking 10 malboro red in one go!

Leaders are a bit like richmond/red band/raffles are in the UK,a budget brand,we call them workers as it's only really the lower paid english staff and some of the albanian lads that smoke them...."20 worker blue please".....,all the shop keepers and the periptero owners know what we mean by that and laugh their heads off. Personally i'm a GR man,but i've managed to give up,not smoked for 7 months now so i'm speaking from past experience,but GR are much better than leader,rocket etc and come in all the strengths from white(ultra 0.01 low) right through to red.

Giving up is for winners,i can actually taste my food,smell things and get up in the morning without coughing and wheezing now!

:rofl
we call them workers as it's only really the lower paid english staff and some of the albanian lads that smoke them..

I consider that a bit of an slur , I smoke Leder red because i like them.. they are much better [in my opinion] than british brands.. which always give me a dry throat

yasus
wizard
sorry you feel that way mate,it wasn't the intention when the nickname developed over time among a large group of people,it's just how it is,they're seen as cheap and nasty and very much the last resort when you've spent all your wages and have shrapnel in your pocket,if you've got money you buy decent brands like GR,assos,or the brands you'd buy in the UK,and although someone would argue the toss,i don't know any greeks that smoke them either,just albanians.

Had no idea there was cigarettes that don't leave your throat dry!

YIASAS
Thankyou for your replies it appears that the red leaders in Greece are still cheaper than the ones I buy in Spain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.