Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Yes the prices are set by the government in Spain also.

luci :wave
Thanks for that Luci :)

We're thinking of doing a weekend city break (and a ciggie run at the same time!). Can you recommend a good place to go with plenty sights/shops etc - Barcelona, Madrid, Seville or any other ideas?
HI JUST A LITTLE ADVICE. YOU CAN ONLY BUY TABBACO AND CIGS FROM A PROPER TABBACO SHOP IN SPAIN NOW, SUPERMAKETS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL THEM ANYMORE, ONLY IN MAJORCA. SO CHECK OUT BE YOU GO SHOPPING IF THERE IS A SHOP NEAR BUY, USUALLY IN TOWNS OR THE BIGGER RESORTS.
Charlie, can I request that you do not post in caps please - as per the rules of posting.

Rules Of Posting:
1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
3) Do NOT post in all Bold - Your post WILL be deleted.

Thanks
Kath x
When buying cigarettes in Spain remember the following:-

1. It costs €25.00 for 200 of the main brands in the Tobacco Shops.
2. Some airports do not sell cigarettes (as I discovered recently).
3. In airports where cigarettes are sold it costs €28.00 for main brands.
4. Don't leave it to the last minute to purchase as there may be some unknown (to us) feast-day and the tobacco shops could be closed.
5. It might be prudent to buy all your cigs at one time on which there could be a special off e.g bottle of spirits free.
When I was in mainland Spain a month ago main brand cigs were €29.50-30.00 for 200.

I think it all depends on which main brand you are talking about. A main brand here would be L&M, and they are 25 Euro a carton in all estancos (at the moment).

Prices in estancos are regulated, as are the people that are allowed to run the shops (They have to be registered as disabled, as do lottery ticket street vendors. A throwback to the days of Franco?)

Prices from cigarette machines in bars, clubs and restaurants vary wildly.

Benson's and Marlboro's are more, wherever you go.
Im not sure how old this is but hope it helps http://www.eurotabaco.es/prices_tobacco.php colleen .....has anyone an more up to date price list
Sorry I was thinking of the main UK/US brands such as Lamerbert and Butler and Marlboro.

Tobacco shop by the car park at Alicante airport sells Superkings for €30 and Silk Cut for €31 per 200 carton.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.