Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Club Cantabrica
30 Posts
Ill give you a couple of differing experiences.

We have been with Club C a few times. The best experience we had of their reps we has was when we went to Antibes in S.France. They were excellent, and couldnt have been more helpful. However, when we went on a couple of occasions to Italy with them, the reps were pretty awful, although i always felt that this was more to do with the fact that one person who was based on the campsite had to cover the 3 hotels also, which were at various places along a 10km strip!!!!!! We had probs with the hotel meals (me being a veggie) and after getting a bit fed up of having problems a few years previous, i wrote a letter asking why i was being treated in that way, and the reply from Club C wasnt exactly nice, saying that they had put plenty effort into what was a 'bucket and spade' holiday, and advised me to look elsewhere!! Way to trash their own holidays, eh? :roll: Well, i did, and have went with Redcrest ever since :P
However (getting back on track!) i think you will find that the reps on Castell Montgri will be fine, as they are close by to where you will be staying, my problems with the reps were because of the distance the poor sods had to cover, and when i was in the S of France, the Reps were great!

So relax, and have a good time, to be honest, you dont really need the reps that much anyway!!! Better to get most of your info from this great site, and if you want to see some pics and views of Estartit, click onto my website, plenty of pics on there! :D
I have not travelled with C Cantabrica but know people who have done and although they had a good time they said they would never travel with them again.
I travel every year with Siesta holidays and their coaches are first class, there is plenty of room on them and the reps are excellenet.
I hope you have a good time anyway.
Don't even start me on Siesta!!! Best company i have travelled with are probably Redcrest, but Club C would still rate above Siesta (in case you are wondering, my gripe with Siesta involved a whole load of caravans that could be opened by ONE key!)
Been to 3 different Cantabrica site - two in Italy, 1 in Corfu.

Jesolo in Italia - was pretty good, the staff were helpful
Estensi in Italy- was a joke - it was a potentially great site but very badly run...
Dassia in Corfu was ok

Overall a bit hit and miss - we now go with Ferris - seem much better.
Were you campsite in Jesolo mate, or Hotel? I can imagine the campsite reps would be fine there, as they statyed onsite, but in the hotels we had to put up with a 10 minute visit, which varied greatly from day to day. Quite a poor scenario!
on campsite - the reps were in accomodation just across the road - good pair - he was desperate for baked beans :)
they sorted our party out with loads of beach gear - buckshee and came to our parties (as did half the camp <g>)
Was that the Villagio Malibu Beach site then? Had a wee nosey round that site one day (the rep just told us to pop in as we were planning to take a walk down that way - around 8km from the hotel!!!) The site looked quite good, and the reps were good too, like i said, it was the fact that one rep had to deal with 3 hotels, plus help out at the campsite too, that let them down. Not the reps fault, cos if they hit a problem at the first hotel, everything just got delayed and the whole thing snowballed.

Wouldnt have minded trying that campsite, but the mobiles werent as good as the ones we had in the south of France (some problem getting them to italy apparently) and that kinda put us off.....that and the bathing cap rule!!! (i could just paint my head red i suppose though!!!) :lol:
we went to Tossa with cantabrica 2 years ago at half term in september, but resort was closed.
however, the coach journey was terrible. stops were spasmodic and varied from 10 minutes to 30 with no apparent pattern to them. you just get settled and they stop again, then you go for 4 hours without a break. people were smoking in toilets and rep seemed happy to let this go. it is worth buttering up resort reps as seat allocastion on return is at their discretion and these seats and any spare seats seem to be allocated to their pets/those who have travelkled with them before. when we went they gave double seats to 2 kids and left adults squashed up which i thought was particularly unfair.
best bit of travel was a trip round paris at night for about 2 hours on way down, but that did not make up for rest of journey.
their video choices were for kids as well so that did not help either -4 hours of jim carey not being my idea of fun.
overall not too impressed with them.
As i have said before, i feel Club C ignore the needs of anyone north of London, as they dont put Hostess service on until the hub changeover.

Nothing wrong with staying on the good side of reps though, my chummyness with the Castell Montgri Redcrest reps made sure i didnt get placed on a busfull of Celtic fans coming (despondently) home after the Uefa cup final a couple of years back!

....although a few hours later, i was wishing i had been on their bus! :wink:
I used this company last year to go to castel montgri, good holiday, but no hostess service there and return on coach, using them again this year to go to can marti Tossa de mar, any reviews comments tips etc greatly appreciated
using this company to go by coach to the can marti site,apparently it takes about 25 hours! leaving end of july and staying in one of the platinum lodges, its costing an arm and a leg so I hope it will be a good holiday........
weather should be hot.
do a search for cantabrica, there are loads of threads commenting on them.
dont know anything about can marti but i'm sure someone will be able to help you.
fyi, i know its too late now but ferris coach holidays go to benidorm -via portsmouth.
Thanks

Beginning to wonder if ive chosen the right campsite, noone seems to have stayed at can marti!!!
If anyone can assist by posting a review for Camping Can Marti, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Cider

when you consider the price of these coach holidays, im amazed that the company would describe them as bucket and spade holidays!
totally agree, Pat!

Not only is it demeaning to themselves, putting down the holidays they offer, but it very insulting to their customers. Ok, maybe they aint the most expensive holidays out there, but you could get a lot cheaper on teletext, or cheap flight hols .... people are paying good money for these coach holidays, and shouldnt expect such replies!

I honestly wouldnt know who to go with this year .... that is why i will be in wonderful Wemyss Bay in my caravan for two weeks this year! :P
really think you should go to spain... this site wont be the same without your comments this year
Don't worry Pat, i've been to Estartit around 9 times (i think!!!) so i've soaked up enough knowledge to still help out! :lol:

I still keep a keen eye on this forum, and im always willing to help anyone out! To be honest, i really wouldnt have known which company to go with this year, was quite happy with Redcrest ... plus, the wife couldnt get the usual fortnight off in May, and we have just bought a caravan down the west coast of Scotland, so we intend to get some use out of it!

...... but dont worry, i will still be having one foreign holiday a year, so the pennies are being put by for 2007! :D
Im going to can marti tossa with cantabrica in August, has anyone travelled with them this year, was the coach ok? was there hostess service?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.