Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
We went here last july. we were not over impressed with the hotel, but the resort was really lovely and a nice beach more or less on your doorstep. Food was not too bad. It was just a bit noisy for us, with kids running up and down corrdors and banging on doors in middle of night! Having said that it is a family hotel so you have to expect a bit of that i guess?! Plus im sure June will be a bit quiter.
There are some reviews, including mine at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/cala-llonga/sirenis-cala-llonga-resort/

We stayed there for 2 weeks last May, and tbh, we would never go back to that hotel.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself was nice, the staff were excellent, and the resort is quiet but lovely.
What lets it down is the food and drink.

If you are happy to eat the same luke-warm food day in, day out, with only slight variations, and drink very low quality drinks, then go for it.

A week is about as much as we could stand before we ended up eating out, which isn't really the point of all-inclusive :/

I'm not saying it was totally rubbish all the time, the food was tasty - if not warm enough usually, and there was quite a large selection, it was just that everything was repeated.
If you got pork in a tomato sauce and chicken in a BBQ sauce as 2 of the choices at dinner, you could almost guarantee that the evening meal, it would have BBQ pork, and chicken in a tomato sauce.

To be fair, I recently spent 24 hours in an all-inclusive in Majorca, and the menu was identical to that at the Club Playa, so it seems to be the standard AI for the region.
we stayed at this hotel september 2003 and thought the food and drink quality was good. It was our first all inclusive and my husband is the fussiest eater ever and he never struggled. The kids loved the burgers from the snackbar. The resort was quiet but very nice and the hotel was quite lively and very clean. Before we went we requested a room with a pool view not realising these are the biggest rooms in the hotel, separate bedroom for the kids and massive balcony no extra cost.
I have to agree with some of the other posts.

We went in July 2003 and we weren't that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a 'holiday from hell' or anything like that, but there wasn't much variation in the AI snacks. Burgers, chips, toasties. :o

The entertainment was pretty good, Lionel Richie tribute, etc, but during the day it was a nightmare really. Had to get up at 6 for a sunbed (after the second day we gave up and went down to the beach instead!), the pool was really small for the amount of rooms at the hotel. :?

The buffet food was quite nice and the drink was good, but I wouldn't go back there. Cala Llonga didn't have much going on and when the entertainment finished at the hotel, there wasn't much else to do.

I hope this doesn't put them off, we had a really good holiday, I'm sure for families with older children this hotel would be great! :D

Hope they enjoy there hols!

Natasha
I haven't stayed here but walked round it a few times when we stayed in Calla Llonga.

The ultimate holiday nightmare.

Sun beds squashed together and sunbathers like sardines round the pool.Typical All inclusive hotel with the usual things that I personally hate about such establishments.
When we were there in June we certainly never had to ge up at 6 for sunbed, round about 1/2 8 people would start dragging there sunbeds into position and leaving towels on, although you could have got a one a bit later it was important to us to have a one in the right position as we had a 4 year old at the time to keep an eye on. As for the snack bar there wasn't loads of variety but it was adequate and the restaurant certainly had a good selection.
my daughter and son in law are there now they have been there since last wednesday 27/5/2009 very quiet. mins from the beach and are asking me and the wife to go next year they say they are really enjoying themselves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.