Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I think the 2 are connected to each other,just a word of warning only go to this hotel if you dont mind being like sardines round the pool.Very hemmed in sunbeds was my recollection of these hotels.
is that the only thing wrong with the hotel, as I spend all day on the beach and that would nto be an issue for me? Anyoen know which hotel is nearest beach, and or got and pictures or more info? Thanks.
Went to the club playa about 4 yrs ago, had a great time, I think it was the dorado next to us. It was a couple of minutes walk out of the hotel on to the beach for us, but next door actually had steps which led straight down to the beach.
As both hotels are next to each other there is not a lot in it I suppose technically the Imperial is nearer the beach than the Dorada but the difference is little asa makes no difference. The hotels are located in a cull de sac and are across the road from each other. When you go to the pool in the Dorada you have to pass through the area of the Imperial hotels' pool to go to the beach which if I remember righly is down about ten steps onto the little walk way to where the ferry comes and then on to the beach.
There is another hotel that was once the extension to the imperial but has now gone AI and is separate from both the other hotels. I think it is called the Sirenis Club Playa.
Hi,

We stayed in the sirenis club playa 2 years ago. The beach is absolutely beautiful, very calm and great for snorkling. The fish swam up around your legs when we were there. We had a family room at the hotel and our room looked out onto the bay/beach and also the pool. The views were terrific. I really enjoyed the hotel, the entertainment staff were excellent with the kids (we were there for the October school week). The hotel is a bit older and the furnishings/bedrooms are perhaps not as modern as a newer hotel but the family room that we had was actually like an apartment with two seperate rooms and a bathroom, plenty of cupboard space and a terrific sized balcony. The food was excellent also when we were there. We went AI and I think that the other hotel is HB or BB. We noticed that the food from the restuarant was being transfered from our hotel to the sister hotels restuarant as the hotels interconnect. As someone else mentioned the space around the pool is a bit tight but if you enjoy the beach then this is perfect. We tended to walk up to the hotel and get drinks and then take it back to the beach because it was so close.

I see in your last post ukwine that you say there is a 3rd hotel, I think that it may possibly be that the Sirenis Club Dorada is also referred to as the Sirenis Club Playa. Hope that helps.

keanda
Huge help everyone and thanks for all the info.
We stay in the Imperial Playa usually twice a yeay (May & Sept) having also stayed in the Club Playa. The Club Playa is all inclusive only and usually full of families with loads of screaming children. The imperial Playa has an all inclusive option and usually caters for the more mature (& Spanish) customer. The Dorada we have never stayed at but the share the same pools and poolside facilities with the Imperial but internal facilities are kept separate from the Imperial (ie reception, restaraunt etc). very good friend was put into the Dorada after being double booked from the Imperial and told us the food was so poor they had to eat out, but we have always been well fed and looked after in the Imperial hence our twice yearly visit.

brianeric

http://www.sirenishotels.com/home.php?lng=uk
we stayed in the Dorada last year in Septemberand upgraded to all inclusive, never hada problem with the food at all!
I suppose it depends what you expect. We thoroughly enjoyed it and wouldn hesitate to go back
I am looking at these hotels on the direct holiday site, it does not say which hotel you will be put in, just that it is a complex.... does any one know if you can use the facilities at all 3 hotels... Thanks in advance... :)

scully27
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.