Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Excellent report, quick question, at Dalaman for the return flight were you allowed hand luggage and also were you able to take water airside .

Dave
Great report Wilson, glad to hear you had a good time again :lol:
Can you tell me where the Le Madri restaurant is please, it sounds like my sort of place. Going September as usual :lol:
dksbbs,

Yes and yes. There were no restrictions at all.

doodles,

If you were to go to the crossroads where the Taj Mahal is (opposite Gima), walk about 500 yds in the direction of the Marina, ( opposite way from Icmeler ) , it's on the right hand side of the road. It sit's on the corner. It seems to be run by the same people who ran a similar restaurant which has been closed down (as others have). While the food was great, the two guys playing the guitars made our night.

Wilson :wink:
Wilson,
A great report,
A true lover of your Turkish holidays.
We are the same, we do the same things every year , but every year these same things become new.
We go out on Monday and know that we will experience the same as you did,
meeting old and new friends who make our holidays memorable.

Gene
Wilson, is it where the old Hollywood and Bodrum bar used to be that are now a stretch of Chinese etc restaurants.
doodles,

Not sure where you mean. From what I can gather there was about three restaurants in a row, Chinese, mexican etc. These have all been closed and they are now building above them. Seems this restaurant may be a combination of them all. As I say if you know where Gima / Taj Mahal is then walk away from Icmeler and you will come across it after about a 2 or 3 min walk.

Gene,

Bet Monday can't come quick enough, have a great holiday.

Brilliant report Wilson, made me feel like I was there with you. :cry:
Still never mind, only 44 more sleeps for me and Hubby :wink:

Mary.
Great report as usual Wilson. Heading back to the Turquise with a firned in 5 weeks after changing to Club Alize last year. (I enjoyed the Alize but prefer the size of the Turquise). You've made me even more homesick for Turkey... I've just returned from a 2 week break in Lanzarote and while I had a nice time the Spanish just don't do it for me I'm afraid..
Jacki
Jacki2u,

You lucky thing .. :lol: We went to Alize last year too and had a good time but it's not Turquoise. For us Turquoise remains our second home. I have been fortunate enough to have been in Tenerife, Egypt, Lanzarote, Benalmadina and Ibiza this year already but none come anywhere close to Marmaris.

glad you had a good time. Will try restaurants you recommend when we go in Sept.Trust you as we love Taj Mahal and Adam and Eve so sure you wont let us down
I'll be trying The Garden too. Never ate there before but know you rate it highly Wilson. Was interested to see that you did the boat trip through them this year. We did a catamaran trip in Lanzarote 200 euros for 3 of us for a 4 hour trip and so disappointing when inevitably I compared it to the wonderful days out I've had sailing from Marmaris... The value for money that you get in Turkey is amazing . I think I must have been Turkish in a previous life :wink:
Jacki2u,

I would definately give the Garden a go. I do rate it highly as the quality has been remained high over the years. The manager is called Hussain and he once worked at Turquoise too as did 'Carlos' who welcomes/entices you in. One of the nights we were there a couple with their kids said a big cheerio to Hussain. He later told me they ate in there every night of their fortnight holiday .... too many good eating places in Marmaris for me to do that.

Turkish in a previous life eh ? Me too I think and it must have been a belly dancer when I look at mine after all the eating and drinking I do :lol:

Good report Wilson.....

may i ask you a few questions please!.... :lol:

You said....... >>went to the Visa queue while the wife stood in the passport queue<<
So you don't need your passport when you pay for your visa now?

Adam & Eves ... is it run by the same people who run it when it was in Armutalan?

What are the prices like in the Taj Mahal? much the same as here or cheaper?

We fancy doing a boat trip . well i do! but i don't know if i could cope with a whole day as doing the mud bath a couple of years ago put me off boats trips for life so do you know if you can half a day boat trip?

Prices... about the same as last yr would you say?

Thanks

Red
Red,

My wife didn't need a visa as she had one from the month before. She just stood in the passport queue while I got mine. She let some people go in front of her from time to time until I came back with my visa.

I'm still confused with Adam & Eve. The night we were in the 'new' one we seen the guy who we thought owned the Armutalan one standing outside :roll: so I'm not sure who now owns what.

The meal we had in the Taj Mahal was the set meal which was 32.50 ytl each. For this you got you popadoms with onions, then a starter plus your main meal plus a bottle of decent wine. With the exchange rate at the time this worked out arour £13 each, not bad I thought.

Don't know if you can get a half day boat trip. It was the lazy day type boat trip we did. You can either relax in the shade downstairs of soak up the sun upstairs. You have several stops including about an hour in Turunc which is great. Departed 10.30 am and got back around 6.00pm . The day flew in to be honest.

Prices overall ... I would say the price of things was about the same as last year but this year we got a better exchange rate.

Thanks for the info Wilson...

I think we will be giving the Taj Mahal a go!

I can't wait now i am on a count down!!!

Thanks again

Red
the taj is a must ..not much dearer than normal places ..food excellent .dont be put off by the waiting it soon passes .
Been waiting for this report :D
And just as thorough as ever glad you had a guid yin Wilson.
Roll on next year for me :wink:
Fab report wilson thank you, just to get me all excited, 19 sleeps to go, yeay! We always stay at club alize. You say you like Turquoise better, where is this please? Is it bigger or smaller than alize?

Also you said you ate at elvis bar is this now called piccadilly bar? Yummy, can't wait to sample their lasagne with all the trimmings... mmm that bread with that yoghurt stuff, mmm! Must go to gym to burn off the stone i will put on when i'm there!

Thanks wilson!

Love Nikki xx :lol:
*Edit please use the current discussion in flights for all luggage related questions to avoid duplication thanks Briar
nikkichick,

Any chance you could take a few pounds of fat back to Marmaris for me .. :wink:

We did like Club Alize when we were there but it's just that we prefer Club Turquoise so decided to go back there. Turquoise is smaller than Alize. Why don't you take a walk along during the day (or night) and have a drink. It's a five minute walk. Out of Alize, turn right, walk to next junction (on the same side as you), keep going past the junction, pass a couple of newsagents, a joiners yard and hairdressers and it's on your right which is the same side you are on. Nobody will mind and you will be made very welcome.

I think we are talking about a different Elvis's. The one we went to is still called Elvis's and is a restaurant with a bar attached.

Have a great time and let us all know how you get on.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.