Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Corkscrew is supplied. :tup ..4th time for me in june----Love it :sun2
Hi getting excited now only 8 weeks of british weather to put up with !!! turkey hotting up each day now :sun2 ! been on the :cheers website and picked out our cocktails for each day of our hols lookin forward to going now ,hope plenty more people are going makes it more fun ! :wave:
All im gauny say is,you`ll wish you`d booked 2 weeks not one :D
HI 5WEEK ON THURS !

JUST ASKING IF THERE IS A GOOD MARKET NEARBY THESE APT THAT WE CAN GO TO AND IF SO WHAT DAY IS IT ON :wave:
Kaz,

I'm almost certain the market is on Wednesday, if you come out the main entrance of hotel turn right, you will come to a junction turn right if you stand around there you can get the dolmus, just tell the driver you are going to the maket he will let you off there, hope you have as good a time as we have had.

Luv Anna.
xxxxxxxxx
Anyone correct me if Im wrong but I think Marmaris market is on a Thursday!.Icmeler market is on Wednesday which I think is a better one.
You could be right crispy :whoops Sorry!
Wednesday Market in Icmeler
Set by the road to Turunc, just before you begin climbing up the mountains, this market is perhaps the smallest of the two markets, described here. Yet no matter of its size it does set the mood for shopping, looking for souvenirs, simple buys and bargains available only in Turkey. Take your camera to picture the colourful abundance of fresh vegetables and fruit, clothes and household items.

Thursday Market in Marmaris (the popular Friday Market)
Marmaris Village Market sells fruit, vegetables, fabrics and some clothes - for men, women and children, from street-cred clubwear to fake designer goods and last year's must-haves. Some of its specialities are sports wear, linen, tablecloths and there's household goods, too. The market is held in and around G. Mustafa Muglali Caddesi and is open Thursdays 08:00-18:00 and the best time to visit is early morning or late afternoon.
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=36.850312&lon=28.252491&z=18.9&r=0&src=ggl

Heres a flash earth link to Club Turquoise.

Its the one in the very centre with the pool with the circle(kids pool) at the top of it
Thanks Gunny

thats gives me a good idea for were we are as i'm useless at directions .

kaz 3 weeks on thurs !!! :sun2
Hi

Airport transfer could anyone tell me how long we will be on the coach for from airport .

kaz
Weve been on the coach approx 2 hours,some have said 3,all depends how many drop offs,they usually stop at services also for about 15 minutes.We now use minibus and go direct in about 1hr 15 min.
thanks crispy how much does that cost you?
We book with icmeleron line,£90 return up to 4 people,8 of us going £110.
Just to rub it in - Off on thursday ( even though the weather hotting up here )

I have asked a number of questions already but one last one before we go are towels provided , just asking as i'm just packing my cases and a little tad heavy :whoops (did it again) must be a women thing 'just in case' , i got beach towels in but do they provide them in apartments ?

kaz :cheers
:whoops Ooops i just been on web page and got the answer my self they do !

never mind but least you all know i'm off on thursday yippeeee! Club Turquoise here we come .

kaz :wave:
Lucky you,give us a full report when you return.I am off there from 7th July,1st time.
Enjoy your holiday !! :cheers
kazykaz,

Spoke with Yilmaz the head entertainer (you will soon find out who he is ... he hogs the mike) he says it is warming up very nicely there. You will also get your towels changed every second or third day.

stevie c,

I'll be there on the 10th (early morning 11th to be exact), it's a Turkish custom to leave a large efes behind the bar for a Scotsman on his 12th visit to these apartments ...

Wilson ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.