Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: Club Turquoise
204 Posts
I am not sure when the Glasgow ones start but us up in the frozen north,(not far from John O` Groats) start at the end of June.Holidays a bit cheaper then !!!

Stevie C :cheers
S0 my fourth time and Nikkis first
Flew from Glasgow on Monday 9th june(delayed 50 mins)
Massive ques at visa and passport control at Dalaman but got through eventually.

And so to the dreaded 2 hour transfer with the stop in the middle,not appreciated at 2 am in the morning.

And finally to my beloved Club Turquoise :tup
Allocated romm E4,was not a happy bunny
This was the view
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0601.jpg

Down to see my old pal Irfan the general manager the next morning
Could not have been more accomodating(as usual)straight onto his computer to see what was getting freed up
"You`ll have to wait till Friday but you can have that that or that"all great apartments with good views.
SORTED i can hack the bush for three days
No moaning or anything he was just pleased to move us.
As ever treated like one of the family buy all the staff from beginning to end
Second apartment was the same one i had last year and in my opinion is the best in the place.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/room.jpg

So dont need to say much about the weather it was hot and got hotter the second week,due to desert winds being blown across according to Irfan who`d seen the weather warning on the news.38 in the shade most days so god knows what it was in the sun.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0786.jpg

Nikki lay out for about 4 days then got prickly heat so spent rest of time in pool or in shade

Prices.Pint of Efes was 4.75 lira in Turquoise but could be found for 3 lira out and about
Exchange rate was 2.31 but i was using a nationwide flex account card so got as much as 2.44 at times.
Food prices much as last year,we ate mainly at Turquoise as the food is spot on and isnt much dearer than outside.
Ate out twice,once to the Taj Mahal,marmaris`s indian.Was really nice,we dont eat starters though and for a korma a tikka massala two beers and a couple of pakoras it was £23
Second time we attempted to eat out we went to John Harrys steak house,the place was half empty ,we ordered,waited 40 minutes then walked out.
Best meal of the holiday was at Turquoise there was a special on T bone steak 16 lira so we had a tbone each and a beer or 2 for about £20 and they were massive

Staff,Erkan and Cumali still the gaffers in the restaraunt and a couple of other waiters from the past
Yilmaz heading up entertainment team again.With Reece(oygar) geegee(got sacked second week)and A strange wee lad called Ozzy whos a turk with a scouser accent.There was a lass called Holly doing the kids club but she left first week we were there to be replaced by an ex entertainer called Compi(great laff)WHO got replaced by Yilmaz`s wife Julie the last 2 days we were there,and Compi become outside entertainer.You got all that?
Same cocktail and pool games as ever and the pool dance being done 3 times a day.Still a laugh though.
Same night time entertainment,Magician,Snake showhttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0636.jpgAnd staff comedy show,music quiz etc

Met up with Kim who was the kids club entertainer for 5 years she was repping last year and this year was at Turquoise on holiday with her man Lee,we went down to Cheers/Talk of the town with kim,lee,geegee,reece,holly,murat one night and had a right scream.
Was a bit smashed but i think it was £8 for 3 vodkas and coke in there.

Went parasailing me and nik harnessed together on a parachute getting towed by a speedboat this coast £40 and i can say i`ve done it now but dont think id do it again.

By far the biggest laugh and value we had on the trip was the quad safari got it for £12.50 each and it was great as we were collected at 1pm and returned by 3.30pm had about an hour and a bit on the bikes and it was tremendous fun,reccomend to anyone.
Im not really into the excursions that you get picked up at 8am and returned at 7.30 at night so this suited us just fine.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0871.jpg

Had a great laugh watching the Turkey games with all the boys them and us all in our Turkey tops
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0830.jpg
The whole town just erupted when Turkey won there quarter final
Sadly they never got any further.

Not an awful much more to report as we spent most of our time just chilling.
Wee shock nearing the end of the holiday when Irfan got wipped into hospital with a heart problem,needless to say the kept him 2 days and he was straight back to the hotel as soon as he was released walking about as normal(he loves his hotel,he told me)

Kept the room on for the last day(£12)spent most of it by the pool(till 5pm) after a wee bit of morning shopping.
Up for a shower,down for a meal after doing the customary giving away my cd player toiletries alcohol etc.
Picked up promptly for transfer to airport,to get there and be delayed 2 and a half hours.
Should have landed 3.30am and i would have been on the road from Glasgow to fife by 4.30am as it was i left the airpark at 7am and proceeded to scream and shout at traffic for a while

Great Holiday and Nikki totally loved her first time at Turquoise

Oh and on a walk along the marina we found this hilarious
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/DSCF0851.jpg

Click here for slideshow
http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=54024&CID=200333
  • Edited by Gunny 2008-06-29 00:48:55
Great report sounds like u had a great time,we cant wait to go 4 weeks 6 days and counting :sun2 :wave:
Hi Mary

Please try not to use phone style text, eg u instead of you. Some of our visually impaired member use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

Excellent report Gunny.

luci :wave
Gunny

Fabulous report ! and the slide show is excellent. We are back at Turquoise 10 July for our 12th time. Your report and pics have just about put us over the edge! I was speaking with Irfan last week and he was telling me about the pains in his chest and going into hospital for a couple of days. Keep telling him he does too much but doubt if he'll ever listen.

Good to see all the old faces, I had heard Compi was coming back. You will know he was at Alize the last couple of years. We met Kim last year when she was the rep at Julian and came down to Turquoise on her day off, don't think she has changed much over the years. Had to laugh when I saw the view from E4 .... however good to see Irfan sorted you out and put you into (our !) apartment. Agree it's the best in the place. Good to sit with a sundowner on the balcony watching all the table and chairs being put out. Hope they are still doing happy hour 7-8.

I noticed in your pics one of Jesse, an entertainer from years ago. Met him too last year as he was on holiday. Really is good to see all the regular faces and can't wait to get back there.

Wilson ;)
Hi Gunny
I watched your slideshow 15 min. :yikes it s like titanic movie.
it s very nice :cheers
Right well anyone that actually did enjoy it,i have managed to get the whole thing hosted now.

So if you wanna see the rest try the link again then fast forward to 15 minutes and watch from there.

http://www.mydeo.com/videosavecopy.asp?ZID=985&CID=200333

This link lets you download a copy to your machine for people with slower connections that the streaming link may not work on.
Gunny

If you haven't done so already, perhaps you would like to post a review of the hotel?

Thanks.

luci :wave
Just back from our 12th visit to Club Turquoise in 9 years. Thought about just cutting and pasting last years post but this year was even more special. First Choice flight out of Glasgow on 10 July '08. Oldest daughter and her partner (D+P) joining us this year. Something like an hour delay but made most of this up en route. Very quickly through Visa/Passport control and got the cases in no time. Used a private transfer and in Club Turquoise about an hour and twenty minutes later. Heaven ! We were in A2 (the apartment Gunny and I share "¦) and D+P in Hotel room H6.

After a quick nap down to meet everyone. Irfan the manager of course and Murrat at reception, the entertainment team Yilmas, Ozzie, Reece and the incomparable Compi (been in Alize the last two years). Erkan, Cumali and Senol all in attendance at the Seagull Bar. Elvan in the shop as usual and for those who know her she is pregnant due in November. The entertainment is still the same and a good laugh. Always think people strip away any inhibitions on hols and just have a laugh. Before I leave the entertainment theme will just mention that two entertainers from years ago called for a few days, Murrat (aka Rio) not worked there for 6 years (now stays in Cardiff) and not changed a bit and Onur who we have seen a few times over the years. Great to see them and they even joined in some of the old routines which was hilarious (Murrat did one of the best Freddie Mercury's I've seen)

Another plus point was that in our second week our youngest daughter was able to join us after securing her first job after Graduating. It was just like old times with us all being in Club Turquoise, the girls just have a ball there too. (Now of course hitting the night clubs with the staff ...)

Eating out was excellent as usual. We ate in the apartments four times where the food is really good. Also ate in the Garden (twice) and met up with Hussain the manager who is an old friend, the Taj Mahal with Irfan and Bonita (and Yasar !) the Chinese above the Taj, Le Madri, Trianna, Elvis's. We also ate in Adam & Eve's and met the a young couple from Northern Ireland , turned out we knew the lad as we became friendly with his mum and dad in Turquoise 8 years ago and he remembered us !!. Have to say for those who know and love Uno Momento, it's moved. No longer down on the front. We got a taxi to it and I would describe it as being up from Tanzas going away from the water and in a street off to the left. Now a three storey building that looks fantastic at night and still great food. In all the restaurants the food was of a very good standard. Unfortunately didn't manage to eat in Icmeler this year as I always look forward to that.

Did the same boat trip as last year. Went into Icmeler and booked it with Icmeler Travel Centre. An AI deal costing £18, same as last years price, they take you over the hills in a bus and you sail on the Agean sea. Very relaxing with only 18 people on board (they don't take any more) plenty of room and lots of stops for swimming and snorkelling. Lunch was even better than last year, washed down with white wine.

Got out and about on my usual walks to meet up with a couple of friends. One couple have been going to the Hotel Sidero for years but I got the impression there had been lots of staff changes there this year and they were slightly disappointed with this. Also visited the 5 star Grand Pasa to meet with someone. Very impressive AI Hotel (if you like AI). Also got out and about on Irfan's bicycle and have to say I thought the promenade was looking even better this year with plenty of effort put in to upgrade it. The Marina area is always impressive too.

No problems on the way home with the five of us sharing the private transfer and got seats together on the plane. As usual Dalaman airport prices are shocking but were prepared for this so had stocked up before leaving the resort. (eg 15 ytl for small bottle of wine like the ones on the plane, nearly £7 ... )

In closing (sorry it's so long) fabulous holiday made even better with the girls being there (couldn't get the smile off the good lady's face), great to see people from years ago and also good to meet with Stevie C and his family who I know had a great time too. Survived the earthquake "¦ and as always looking forward to next year. Oh, nearly forget went down and did a recce of Club Aida and it looks really nice.

Wilson ;)
As usual Wilson a great report! :tup

We are off to Marmaris in 4 weeks!!!!!! :cheers
Thanks for bringing your holiday alive for us Wilson.
A great report as norm.
Friendships forged abroad last a lifetime.

Gene
thanks for the report and the pm you gave me 20 days to go cant wait :sun2
Great report Wilson as always :~)

can't wait to go now!

love nikki xx
This is the one i`ve been waiting for :tup

Bulent who used to work there stays in Cardiff as well(hes a postie)
hes in one of my pics on my report.

We really must try and go at the same time one year :cheers
Gunny

Bulent (jesse) was there when we first went in 1999 (with Joe ...) he had hair right down to his a***. I knew he was doing his postie but I didn't know him and Murrat were now staying together. I did see him in your fabulous pics. He has been back several times over the years and always says hello. Tried talking Murrat into forming a dream team of entertainers next year, Yilmas, Bulent, Murrat and Compi ... I'd pay money to see them !!

Wilson ;)

PS. Irfan was delighted with his minature bike, now pride of place on his desk. I was fortunate to get a lift on the back of the real one. It looks fantastic.
Brill report as usual Wilson! Only hope I can afford a week in October!

Anna.
Anna

Terrific weather in the West of Scotland area today. Had a BBQ and copious amounts of wine. The good lady got slightly tipsy and insisted ... I book Club Turquoise for October ... Internet / My Travel / reasonable price / job done ...

Wilson ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.