Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Craig

Marmaris looking great (imho). August ? expect 40 + degrees. 9th time eh. a man after my own heart. Didn't put this in my report but hassle ( it isn't for me ) was non existant, I assume they are clearly clamping down on it. Have a great time and let us know how you get on.

Wilson ;)
Wilson

Glad the boss man got my wee parcel :tup

Havny heard back from him so wondered if it got there,glad he likes it.
We had numerous bike conversations when we were there as im a biker and so is he.

What dates you got in october?
You never know eh :cheers
Gunny

Flying out 10 October '08 for a week. I'll race you for A2 ... Irfan just loves his new bike and it looks great too.

Wilson ;)
Oh Wilson lucky you! Will keep you informed if I get anything booked!

Take care.

Anna.
Dear All (Wilson)
Has anyone been to Club Turquoise this year? If so, is it still that great place to go in Marmaris? We have been to the Turquoise 2 yrs ago (had a change and went to Side last year) and had a GREAT time. Got a dilema - I am in the process of booking our August 2010 holiday and I do want to go back to Club Turquoise but I am afraid its not going to be as fantastic as I remember it 2 years ago - hope you know where I am coming from ;) Are the bar prices still reasonable there? been reading a couple of conflicting posts and I know Wilson if you read this post you will give the unbias honest review. :)
The other choice was the Club Candan :que
Help!
Cheers
Tina x
oohh you might have just missed him - read on an earlier post that he was going to Marmaris today!

I know people who went to the Turquoise last year and adored it so much are going back this year - don't know much about the Candan
Phew ! taxi picks us up in 20 mins ... Spoke with my sis in law and her daughter who are just back. They had a ball. Ententainers have changed but I'm told they are still good. I usually go on the internet over there so if you can wait a day or two I'll give you an honest comment.

Wilson ;)
Tina

In Turquoise just now and it is still fabulous. Entertainers are all new but still hard working and a good laugh. Still the same style of games through the day etc. First thing I noticed when I arrived was that the price of a pint was DOWN from last year 4.75 to 4.50. Irfan the manager told me he had to haggle with the Efes company to get the deal so he passed it onto the customers. I will be doing a full report on my return but three days into our holiday it is still the place to be.

Wilson ;)
Cheers Wilson :cheers
Have a great holiday.
Will look forward to you report when you get back!
ohhhhhh I'mmmmmmmmmmmmm sooooooooooooooo jealousx
Hi Wilson ...hope u having yet another great time on hols

just a quick question

While u there can u see what deals they doing bookin direct with the hotel on selfcatering, last time we were there they had a deal on not sure if they still do , i lookin to return for my 3rd time for 10 days next june 2010 . I lost Irfan email address to email him and his website not working to send emails .

ta kaz :tup
Wilson,
Hello again,hows tricks.We are thinking about going back there next year.Reading your posts,have Compi,Ozzy,Sonel etc now left Turquoise.
Kaz
Not sure if they are doing deals on the apartments. It was always the hotel room we booked if doing it direct. They are selling a couple of apartments for 32.900 pounds though if you want to buy one ... try Irfan on irfancetinel@hotmail.com

Stevie
Good to hear from you again. Senol is still here but all the entertainment team have changed. I have met with Compi a couple of times as he is only working up the road at Club Armar.

Wilson ;)
Wilson,
Good to hear from you.Hope you got your usual room above the pool and having a great time.Done Florida this year but the lure of Turkey is calling us back next year.Not sure whether to go back to Turquoise or try something else.Been offered Club Aida,Club Julian and Hotel Sunrise (1st July)for much about the same so we are pondering at the moment. :think
Well just back from our 14th or is it 15th visit to Club Turquoise and first of all just like to say we had a fabulous time. Nice meal and a fine bottle of red in Frankie & Benny's in Glasgow Airport before the Thomas Cook flight whisked us off to Dalaman. Flight left 10 mins early and only took 4 hrs 10 mins. Completed the medical card on the plane and through Visa / Passport in no time at all. ( Good Lady stands in the passport queue while I get the visas ). Got our luggage reasonably quickly and out the airport about 35/40 mins after landing. Must have been some sort of record for us.

Splashed out on a private transfer again this year and we were soon sitting in a very cool minibus all to ourselves. 1hr 15mins later we were drawing up at Turquoise. Got the room we share with Gunny (A2) "¦ It was now 1.45 am in the morning so a trip to the Seagull Bar was in order. First person we met was Senol who the regulars will know, a great wee guy. Also met Compi who again many will know although he was just in visiting as he is working at Club Armar.

Got a bit of a sleep but up sharp to get to the poolside. Could hardly get a bed. Seems many were putting their towels down at the crack of dawn just to secure a bed. This bad habit soon fell away and normality was resumed about half way through the break. Met up with our youngest daughter who was in Marmaris staying at Sultan Maris with her boyfriend. She loves Turquoise but being on a budget it was out of her price range. Both were good company for the 9 days we overlapped.

What did we do ? well all the usual stuff, me going my walks like a loony in the 50 degree heat, the good lady with her books and the pool. Did our lazy day boat trip too, £10 all inc , still the best bargain in Marmaris in my opinion. Played waterpolo most days and gave a poor impression of Phil Taylor at the darts. Also went on the quad bikes this year with daughters boyfriend, 30 ytl but a good day had by both.

Where did we eat ? Usual places for us, The Garden, still excellent although Husseyn has moved on to the Taj Mahal. Ate in there too a couple of times, did O'Yes down on the front too. Paid a visit to the Chef in Icmeler. Ate in the Oasis fun pub too which has a scots woman from our home town running the place, good food and a good blether.

Who did we meet ? Apart from youngest daughter and her boyfriend we also met up with friends for a meal in Icmeler (Chef). Also ate with other friends in the Garden, all from our home town too. Paid a visit to see some of them at the Hotel Sunrise, was impressed by this Hotel. As for the locals, Compi as already stated, Jumali who is still not working, Yilmaz who will be a father any day now, Bullent and Onur (previous entertainers) and really all of the other staff we have known for years.

What else ? well a couple of changes at Turquoise. No cooking by the poolside now as everything comes from the main kitchen (Staff hate it). Gardens looking good and surprised to see they are selling off 8 apartments in the new block to raise capital for a business venture. Irfan is still the manager and is still struggling to get the owner to release funds for any new changes. Don't get me wrong the apartments are basic but have all you need. I imagine though some people will compare them with the more modern Alize & Aida. Entertainment team totally changed this year. Led by Gurkan there is also Vodka, Denis, Nemo and Eva. Same sort of entertainment as previous years and while I found these guys good and full of fun I don't think they come up to the standard of Yilmas, Compi, Reece etc. from previous years.

Got keeping our room on and ate in the apartments on last night. Transfer to the airport 1hr 20 mins. In early so took in the new pub at the airport, 2 glasses of wine and a coke was 26 ytl. TC flight again left early with a reasonable flight home.

Will we return "¦ ? what do you think ?

Wilson ;)
those two weeks went quick eh! glad to hear you had good time again x 3 sleeps for us!
Wilson
I so enjoy your reviews :D
We are of on the 7th September to celebrate our Anniversary. It will be the 10th time for us but a 1st staying at the Turquoise. My friend Ali whom we met 6 years ago is the photographer there atm so thats why we booked to stay there to spend some time with him and his family
Really am looking forward to coming back to Marmaris. Its like my 2nd Home. Mind you still cannot speak any Turkish :rofl
To set the scene I have just retired and we were looking for a special holiday, considered USA, Australia and everywhere in between. Decided to stick with our favourate holiday location ... Club Turquoise. Me, the good lady and the two girls. I should say they are now 27 and 23 and have their own flats but a chance of a free holiday on their auld father wasn't to be turned down.

Thomas Cook flight from Glasgow. Reasonably quick check in and everyone within their weight limit ! Unfortunately were told we had a 90 min delay. Hit Frankie & Benny's for something to eat and some nice wine. On to the plane with seats next to each other (never pay to have seats togethor and never been disappointed). Flight fine but as most will know, no TV now on short haul flights.

Queues for Visa and passports quite long but got our luggage quickly thereafter and out to our private transfer to Marmaris (expensive but worth it imho). 1 hr 5 mins later we were at our spiritual home (ott I know but we like it ...) Two hotel rooms booked direct with Irfan the manager. Rooms are spacious, clean, have aircon and a fridge, so ideal for our needs.

Turquoise looking good. Swimming pool has been re-tiled and looks great. Lots of staff changes this year but no complaints from us as they all work hard. The ones we knew before were Senol, Tuna, Baris, Godon and Gungor and it was great to see them all. For those who know the staff Elvan in the shop is pregnant again ! Met lots of other guests from previous years and for us that is one of the draws for us at these apartments, so many friends.

Eating ... we ate in the apartments three times in total and the food is very good. We were told there is a new chef this year and we could certainly see extra effort had been made to better very good food in the past. Also went to the Taj Mahal where we met up with an old friend Husseyn who is the manager there, another excellent meal at reasonable prices. Both the good lady and I are of the opinion the food in the Taj gets better every year. Ate also in the Mandarin (Chinese below) and again was not disappointed. Had great steaks in the Oasis restaurant which is owned by a woman (Elaine) from our home town and her Turkish husband. We were with friends that night and they were mighty impressed with the food. Other places we ate in were Aysha, O'Yes, Ibiza, Ab Fab (to see Ozzie who worked in Turquoise last year). We honestly never had a bad meal and also went to the traditional Turkish restaurant Kervan just up next to ClubJulian, food to die for.

Wine "¦ the price of wine has stayed much the same, we like a bottle with our meal and it ranged from 23 ytl to 30 ytl with the exchange rate being 2.30 ytl to 1GBP .

Boat trips "¦ went on two. First week booked with Rose at A&S Travel. £10 all inclusive trip. We enjoyed it but boat very crowded and no long floatation thingy's for the good lady to float in the sea. Second week one of our regulars at CT (Stewart the mad Welshman) booked a private boat with only 26 of us on board. Twice the price but well worth it. Both times called into Turunc, lovely place.

Went to Talk of the Town with two sets of friends from home, good show but not as good as previous years. Headed back to friends apartments (drinks were 2 for 1 "¦) and spent the next 3 hours having a great time.

Overall we had a great time and on reflection the holiday was a perfect way for me to celebrate my retirement with the wife and kids. Marmaris is still a great holiday location. I managed to get out on lots of walks and on Irfan's bike and the place is getting better looking every year. The prices I thought were on a par with last year. The test for me is the cost of a pint at the Seagull Bar in Turquoise (rough and ready I know) but it was 5 ytl. That's about £2.20. How many of us can get a pint for that back home. Only disappointment was not getting the chance to get through to Icmeler for a meal and the 3 hr delay on the way home.

This was our "¦ 16th ??? (honestly lost count) visit to Marmaris and Club Turquoise since 1999 and I see no reason not to go back.

Wilson ;)
What a perfect way to celebrate your retirement.

Glad you had another fantastic holiday to Club Turquoise.

We all have our favourites, and I am the same as you, we have found an apartment in Icmeler that we love and feel at home in, and we just keep returning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.