Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Pippi will for sure be able to help with that dcl . Good luck
Definitely pay the extra for a sea view room, the view is fantastic! See the replies given to your earlier question HERE.

Our rooms, 3131 and 3132 (Phyll is my mum) were, at that time, described as 'premium' rooms but I don't know what FC call them now. They're NOT the jacuzzi rooms, they have a better view than those!

You'll find my Conrad pics, including pics of the room and view from the room, HERE.
Definitely go with what Pip says and you wont regret it :D
I am getting withdrawel symptons and hope to book for 2010 in May as a friend has expressed a wish to see Egypt and now i cant wait to see that beautiful sea again :sun2
Phyll
I requested a pool view but it was obscured by trees.I asked to be moved and was given a lovely room overlooking the main pool and the sea.I think the room was number 2383 and was situated above the restaurant used by the Italian guests.
If you book a standard room and you dont like it they are more than happy to move you.Most rooms have a sea view anyway.
Look on Google earth and it gives you a clear image of the hotel and its layout.
It may have changed since then!
On our first trip in 2005, the restaurant was just off reception, however the main restaurants are now down on the pool level. The obvious one, is the one that in 2005 I was told was for the Italians and the new largest one is the entire area down where the conference facilities used to be. The "Italian" speciality is still where it used to be, although I did not see a single person in there.

The rooms we had this time all opened up to the new heated pool by the hotel entrance, however there is a cut through behind the disco, from there go down the steps behind Harkadys tent or whatever it is called, and you are by the restaurants, large pool or yards from the beach.
I tried emailing the hotel requesting rooms near the beach, but it didn't materialise, not even a response, however as it was all so close, it was not a major issue.

Your best bet is to go for the specific room numbers Pippy suggested.
wel we booked a sea view room and put on request that a beach view would be nice so ill wait and see hopefully with upgrading to sea view double room it should be nice
Hi All,

Thinking of booking this Hotel.............Has anyone just returned that could tell me if theyb serve diet drinks (Coke/Pepsi?) also is there a cocktail list? Its my Husbands 40th Birthday when we hope to go............will we be able to get a cake etc? Has anyone stayed in a Double 4 Ocean front room? What did you think of it? Also did you get use of the Al a Cartes resteraunts in th AI? Thanks in advance

Any other info would be great

Debs :cheers
we go to this hotel in a couple of weeks for my 40th,in the brochure it do,s say you receive a birthday cake .im not telling them lol but i think they get the date from your passport
go on tripadvisor some fantastic reviews gone up to 2nd in sharm and 4th in egypt so must be good
the hotel is fully booked when we go so thats good news
roll on :cheers
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.......
This will be our first trip to Egypt so we want to pick wisely! I dont think my OH is that happy at being 40 (lol) but better there than here me thinks :rofl
Have a great time & report back won't you!

Dx
Debs,
All the soft drinks come from large bottles but I do not believe I saw a single diet bottle. If I remember correctly the cola was pepsi bottles and the lemonade was sevenup - obviously the local versions.
When I see them, I will ask the other members of the party if they saw any diet choices and if they did I will report back.
There was a "cocktail" list, all named after England players or something equally daft.
The one thing to bear in mind with the cocktails is that they are nothing like our normal concept of cocktails. The underlying rum/brandy/vodka etc taste different to start with and the cocktails are basically the normal tumblers with lots of alcohol mixed with fizzy drinks or some juices with possibly a bit of colouring.
We got our best cocktails in the Dominican Republic, a choice of over 100 at the AI in Cuba and passable cocktails in Mexico, whereas the Turkish and Egyptian AI cocktails were pathetic in comparison.
If you are going particularly for that side of the holiday you may end up disappointed in Egypt, so do some more checking up before you book.
The snorkelling at the Imperial (Conrad) and Sharm is world beating but if it is just sun, sand and romantic cocktails you want, there are better countries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.