Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Bigjay,

Sorry I can't help with Sharm and the facilities, although I would be surprised if they had nothing as the resort has developed so much in recent years. I did spend a while a few years back working from Luxor and although thay had no wheelchair accessible taxis as such, one thing I will say is that the Egyptian people are so willing to help that the old saying "where there's a will, there's a way!!" has never been so true. :lol:

The gentleman may have to transfer out of his chair if that's possible, and the chair be stored, I know it's not ideal, but I've had to do this with my sister on many occasions as unfortunately not so many destinations are too geared up about wheelchair access. Still, the adventures have always been well worth the inconvenience, and I'm sure my sister would tell you that being man-handled by handsome strangers has been one of her holiday highlights at times!!!! :zip

You could maybe contact your T.O. and ask if they can put that question to their resort staff?? :shrug

I'm sure you'll all have a great time and good luck. :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.