Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I've never been at that time of year but I gather that a lot of bars and restaurants in Coral Bay close in the winter.

I know that at least a couple of the restaurants stay open all year round and you might try Andria and Seriani, both of which are cery good although they do cater more for the tourist.

If you get the chance hire a car and go to Latchi and eat at Y&P's which is arguably the best fish taverna around - on sundays it's normally full of locals from as far afield as Nicosia which speaks volumes for just how good the place is.

If Phideas (just as you turn of onto the Coral Bay 'strip' is open in the winter it's worth a visit.
The owner says that the food is excellent - working on the service! You'll have fun.

December and January have never really appealed to me though - it can get busy but it's not hot. Warmer than the UK maybe but still not sunbathing weather.

Dave
We stayed there (Coral bay) over the same period last year. Several bars were open and quite lively, same with restaurants. Weather was amazing..... :sun2 :sun2 maybe we were just lucky but it was hot (shorts and t-shirts/sunbathing by the pool typw weather every single day....went cool at night though.
dare I ask which hotel you have booked....??? :think
Hi,

Thanks for your replys. Info very helpful and gives us a head start before we get there. We are really looking forward to the break and figure that the weather has got to be better than in Scotland at that time of year !

Fitzy2 - due to flights we actually arrive a day early so are having to stay one night in the Avlida Hotel in Paphos, then the rest of the week we are in the Royal Coral Bay Resort in Coral Bay.

:cheers Cheers,
Sheenzie
xx
Phew.....
was dreading you saying you stayed in same hotel as us....and asking me for an opinion on it :rofl read my reviews LOL

cant recall seeing your hotel so assuming it was further down towards the actual beach area of Coral Bay (we were closer to the main strip of shops and bars)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.