Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Coral Bay Paphos
10 Posts
members resort reports
i think you can ignore the one from this year it appears they have continued to comment on their hotel and not the resort...

there is a regular bus service to Pafos from the coral bay area except if you intend to go partying.. you will need to get a taxi back

wizard
Hi yes I read the posts you have linked me to earlier and they do seem very towards their accomodation.

I well we like to go out everynight on hols and have a drink or two lol. I have read that a taxi to paphos town from our hotel is approx £10 so if we were to go everynight it works out a lot.

I only have two weeks til we go and have only recentley found out the 8km distance from the town. Which the travel agency promised we would be in the centre. We weren't given a brochure as they had none left so just took our agents word for it. Now i'm left dissapointed and unsure if coral bay will be busy enough for us.

thanks
when i last went there was only a couple of hotels and a taverna, i understand it has grown a bit, but due to its location seems more suited to couples who like the less noisy life and families,

wizard

shame you didn't do some recerch first but now you have found us that can change... by the way :welcome to HT
thanks wizard when did you go to coral bay

i know yes i wish i had researched the place first. I trusted the holiday rep really she said it was in the centre of everything and obviously knew we were a young couple.

I am going to complain actually not really one for complaining but we have been sold something we never asked for and led to believe it was

thanks for being so welcoming wizard ;)
a long time ago.. lots more hotels now, was thinking of buying a house that way but too many British, so we stayed in the uk... if you like history the Pafos district has more than its fair share, you are also quite close to the nature reserves of Lara bay and the akamas peninsular, best seen by a jeep trip,

don't let things get you down, remember you are going to a very nice island with friendly locals good fresh [if you keep out of the main resort areas] food and some good local wines/spirits/beers so go and enjoy

wizard
You won't have any problems with bars and restaurants in Coral Bay.
If you walk up the hill from the Aquasol there's a reasonable restauarant only about 100 yards away (Fegari) with Phideas Taverna another hundred yards or so away. Both of them are very good value by the way.
After that you are on the Coral Bay 'strip' with a whole range of bars and restaurants as well as a couple of small supermarkets, gift shops, etc, etc. There's even a fish and chip shop (reputed to be one of the best in Cyprus, and a Chinese restaurant too.
A bit further down the strip is a disco which opened last year I believe - all within easy walking distance.

If you want to go into Paphos there's a very good bus service which runs until fairly late in the evening and which cost 80 cents last year - not sure what it is in Euro's now.

I usually stay in Coral Bay, next door to the Aquasol, at the Ascos and it's a good base -if you want to hire a car (and there's a good company just as you get to the top of the hill coming out of the Aquasol - good value ) you are within easy reach of the Akamas peninsula, Agios Giorgios and snake George's, about five or ten minutes away, or you can go further afield to Polis and Latsi and the Baths of Aphrodite over on the north coast about half an hour away, or head out past Paphos to the ruins at Kourion.

I suspect after you;ve been there you'll be pleased that it wasn't in the middle of Paphos.
We have stayed in Coral Bay for two years and are heading there again this year. We are older and do not go out clubbing but we have found most things that we need in Coral Bay. There are so many places of interest within easy reach if you hire a car.
I live here (there) er I mean coral bay way.

Cleo's and Blazing Saddles in are open until 1-2am this time of year (3-4am in the summer) they're ok for a few beers (and you can have a late night boogie on the dance floor in Cleo's if you've had a few too many!). There is a nightclub called Starlight disco near the end of everything, towards Coral Bay beach - never been but suspect this time of year it'll only be open Fri/Sat nights.

Plenty of restuarants in the Coral Bay strip nowadays too, probably 20 or so. There's also a Japanese just about to open. Will try it when it does. Elephant restuarant is pretty damn good. Try it, I don't know you, but you'll and your geezer will like it I reckon :) Also, as a final night push the boat out type of place get a taxi to Goosefat & Garlic restaurant not a million miles from Coral Bay towards St George's - it really is excellent. Fairly pricey but well worth the money.

Don't worry too much about what you're missing in Paphos town this time of year except on a friday or saturday night, it's pretty dead the rest of the week at the moment. At the weekend, assuming you're below 30, take a bus into Paphos eat somewhere then head to bar street (too early, it's still dead) and you'll find a whole load of places to have a laugh until 3-4am but, as a previous post said, you'll need to get a taxi back to Coral Bay (maybe 20 euros with an early hours premium, unless you can find a couple of other revellers willing to share the cost).

Enjoy your visit, I'm sure you will
thank you to everyone who has posted advice for me. I feel loads better now and I'm all packed and ready to go. Arriving in Paphos at 22.10 on saturday 3rd may.

thank you wizard, drandle, salgor and cliffs.

Much appreciated all excited now :cheers :D ;) :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.