Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi - we stayed there a couple of years ago and actually paid to upgrade and move as we felt it was substandard and not as advertised . (Sorry!)
Our apartment was billed as Double - with the usual single beds next to one another , no room to swing a cat - even a tiddly greek one! - and the door locks didn't work , there was no running water in the hot tap and since the apartment was situated beneath the swimming pool there was water running through the edge of the ceiling . The whole place seemed 'tired' and needed a lick of paint a clean and a good sorting out . Maybe that has happened - hope for you that it has.
Have stayed at the Coralli 3 times and these apt are pretty good, last time we where there they needed a bit of general maintenance wich having spoke to a friend that went this year has been done.
the owner Tsambika is great and can`t do enough for you
Thank You Greeklass & Borismab for your replies.

I had read some poor reports similar to what you experienced Greeklass, but as I understand it from many sources, the place has been sorted out and spruced up a bit.

As long as it is clean and beds comfy then I'll be happy.

Met Tsambika her family & the friendly staff and they were all great, I think it's the people that make a holiday a good one and I hope they are all still there next year. 8)

Stayed at Coliseum apartments this time they were OK. Rep Vicky (Cosmos & Archers Direct) was very good.

Cheers!

Jing.x :)
I have been staying at Coralli for the past 7 years and I doubt I'd go anywhere else whilst in Rhodes. The food is fantastic and Tsambika is lovely and helpful. The rooms are fairly basic but as standard in this rate of holiday property in the Greek Islands. They do occasionally have water problems but it doesnt tend to last long, oh and occasional power outages in the whole village, which again don't last long. I've always found the beds in the annex and pool rooms fine and the rooms aren't that small. The annex rooms are bigger. I do remember someone having a problem with water coming through the ceiling under the pool when I stayed in may '05.
Every year I go back something new has been added. this year was the airconditioning which I dare say must be a blessing. I stayed last june/july when it was 46 degrees centigrade in the shade at 6pm, wish we'd had it then! Much cooler in May and October.
I dare say there will be something new again 6 months after my last visit, I just wish i was there now and I can't wait to go back next year.
Say hi to the staff form Rachel if you go there, they no who I am :)
Hi Rachel and Thanks for the information.

We did do quite a lot of eating at the restaurant and the food and welcome we received from Tsambika and staff was great and that is what made us want to stay there.

Did you know that Tsambika is ill? So I am keeping her in my thoughts.

We are going for 2 weeks in September so you may be going before me - I can't wait only about 44 weeks to go. 8)

Anyway Thanks Again.

Jing. x :D
Hi!

My son is thinking about going to these apartments in June 06, any update on the above?TC currently have them at an excellent price for June but he is a wee bit fussy!From all reports the food is great, however are the rooms that small? What is the difference between the annex and the main building? I know that it is only 2 star but if it is very basic he wont be too happy,I keep telling him you only get what you pay for in this life! Any comments welcome.

Alistair
Nyle the rooms under the pool known as the main building now will sleep three in relative comfort. The food there is very good, And only an easy stroll for either Pefkos or lardos and if you want to got to Lindos or Rhodes town bus stops just outside main building. jing can you let me know as to Tsambikas health when you return as both my wife and myself and some friends would like to know how she is thanks
Hello, update on the apartments.
Went AGAIN September 2006 and everything great.
People need to remember that as far as the rooms are concerned this a a 2* property, saying that, the rooms are ample big enough for 2 /3 people. They are clean, have irons and ironing boards and we even had a hairdryer.
Tsambika was well when we visited and hope that remains the case, we are going again this year and looking forward to it.
The food continues to be excellent and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Some work is being carried out to the front of the property (under the pool) to create better access to the beach and a possible new seating area. Having now been to pefkos five times (soon to be six - hehe) if I can help any one with honest advice / opinion, please don't hesitate to ask. :D
hi all. just been reading all the reports on the coralli apartments and i wondered if there is any "up to date" reports!! some of my family have booked to stay there in august 08...2 adults and 2 children....also approximately how far is it from the main beach and the centre of pefkos resort....walking!!!!! any info welcome! thanx :glynis
Hello Miss P

from the reviews I have seen they look like they are quite good apartments. I will PM you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.